Favorite Tire Repair Kit?

drrobinson

I have an ARB Kit in the truck and used it two days ago on the street.

1” screw in-between the tread blocks. One plug and done, or so I thought. Another piece of metal on the other side of the tire was leaking when I re-inflated. Another plug and all was good.

I have previously used this kit once before. Same positive results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Sounds like ARB is a winning for a good basic kit, I do like my Extreme Outback for all the extra bits that I hope to never need (but have)

TantoTrailers

Can someone tell me whats special about the ARB kit as opposed to any other goo string kit out there? It looks the same or maybe I'm looking at a different kit...

Winterpeg

Can someone tell me whats special about the ARB kit as opposed to any other goo string kit out there? It looks the same or maybe I'm looking at a different kit...
Biggest plus is likely the quality of the handles for the plug puller and reamer.

You don't want those things breaking in your hands causing injury.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Yes the handle is the nice thing, especially the extra ring they put on the plugger so it holds the gummy into the tire as you pull out the plugger.

Junkinduck

Observer
I’m a fan of the safety seal kit. Good quality tooling. Just used 5 plugs and a borrowed slime compressor to get my can am buggy home. Otherwise I’ve used the safety seal kit and the puma 12 volt compressor several times on the road with the camper. Can usually patch and be back in the road faster than getting the spare down. And go for the good fix when we don’t have the camper hooked.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Love the Extreme Outback kit for all the extras, but it was used to supplement the original Safety Seal kit. Honestly though, I've never needed more than what was in the old safety seal kit.

geojag

I picked up a "Tooluxe" kit off Amazon for $16. The tools are pretty much identical. I already had the other components of the ARB kit, so it works for me. The spiral rasp works surprisingly well.

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles