Favorite "silly" little detail on your Land Cruiser?

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
More like my most un-favorite things....

No room in the dash at all, Toyota crammed it very tight.

Heater core location, I mean really Toyota!?

Washer fluid bag hanging on LHS inner fender.

Windshields that are extremely difficult to get to the "not-leaking" status.

Door handles made from plastic, one little piece breaks and you have to replace the whole assembly.

Window runners are extremely difficult to get the window in the runner.

Can't get a headliner anymore. :(

Cheers

yloDiscoii

Observer
On my FJ62, it's gotta be the tiny little tachometer, I don't know what it is about it....And after having 2 Disco's the drop down tailgate is AMAZING.

On my FJ40, it was the shift instruction stick on the glove box...and the kick vents

bossman429

Adventurer
First time I used it it gave me some trouble with not heating things up enough. I realized 1. You have to let the car come all the way up to temp before using to get good heat output, and 2. If the water is very cold, I just let it recirculate for a few minutes and then use.

Once I figured that out it's been awesome

concretejungle

Adventurer
Funny someone posted up about the snorkel. I always had heard folks were "sick of all the comments" and i just took that as arrogance... and then i put a snorkel on my 80. Holy cow the comments are amazing. Especially how stupid some of them are, like: "hey man, do you drive that thing under water?"... my response, "yea dude, completely to the bottom of the ocean and back...." or "Man that's one nice exhaust you got up there"..... ******?!!

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Funny someone posted up about the snorkel. I always had heard folks were "sick of all the comments" and i just took that as arrogance... and then i put a snorkel on my 80. Holy cow the comments are amazing. Especially how stupid some of them are, like: "hey man, do you drive that thing under water?"... my response, "yea dude, completely to the bottom of the ocean and back...." or "Man that's one nice exhaust you got up there"..... ******?!!

Since mine has an OEM Birdfeeder, most people scratch their heads :rolleyes:

A group of girls actually asked what it was and I told them it was a Google street view cam and they all started voguing in front of it :wings:

Eric H

Eric H
Love the slide windows in the back of the 80 for the dog at camp, the tail gate to cook and sit on, and the bottle opener "U" shaped tail gate latches! Not recommended for screw on tops which can break. Finally, the drivers seating position and door window which is so comfortable to rest your arm on. Try that in any new car....

Arktikos

Explorer
I like the feel of the skinny steering wheel in a 60 and the slooow steering on a lazy road in some beautiful place! It just makes for a nice drive...slow down and enjoy the ride!

Isn't the 60 series the only one that says Land Cruiser on it? On top of that, it's really the best looking wheel I can recall. Don't really care for the looks of the old 40 and 55 steering wheels.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Isn't the 60 series the only one that says Land Cruiser on it? On top of that, it's really the best looking wheel I can recall. Don't really care for the looks of the old 40 and 55 steering wheels.

FJ80's have Land Cruiser script on the steering wheel as well.

My favorite strange little item on my Cruiser is the OEM clock with stopwatch. Perfect for timing 16 second 0-60 launches. ;-)

tmleadr03

Observer
FJ80's have Land Cruiser script on the steering wheel as well.

My favorite strange little item on my Cruiser is the OEM clock with stopwatch. Perfect for timing 16 second 0-60 launches. ;-)

You can do 16 seconds? Wow. Do you have a supercharger or a turbo? Or did you do the V8 swap?

peneumbra

Explorer
My fave is that red handle under the driver's seat where you have to bend over and pull it, and it blows off the sunroof and rockets the seat through the hole in the roof till the parachute deploys.

I think they only came on the 1997 Collector's Edition...

My fave is that red handle under the driver's seat where you have to bend over and pull it, and it blows off the sunroof and rockets the seat through the hole in the roof till the parachute deploys.

I think they only came on the 1997 Collector's Edition...

yeap my 40th also came with it
and dont forget the built in rocket launchers from the in glove box weapons controls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior