Favor needed, anyone with a Vanagon or Eurovan Westy?

Abitibi

Explorer
Hey guys,

I have a quick favor to ask. I'm trying to get the measurements for both of these vans for the popup canvas, length x width and the height for the front part of the canvass.

Thanks
David

Abitibi

Explorer
No VW popup owners to help? I'm looking for these two types of roofs...

Eurovan popup.jpgeurovan1.JPG

Thanks in advance!
David

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Probably could beg a favor from one of the owners over at thesamba.com more easily. Big population of van owners there. Good luck.

Abitibi

Explorer
Thanks Herbie, I did a few days ago but still no answer :( probably just a matter of time...

Cheers
David

Abitibi

Explorer
Thanks Vandit, I didn't know about them and looks like they might have what I'm looking for. I sent them an email, just waiting to hear back.

Cheers!

Ranchero

Wanderer
Abitibi - my vanagon's canvas is 94" long at the base, 50.5" wide, the front is 44" tall at the edges an 43" tall in the center (concave at the base) and the hypotenuse (assuming a 90) - the length along the pop-top is 93.5"

Abitibi

Explorer
That's awesome Ranchero, thanks a bunch!

I also got a reply on TheSamba for the Eurovan (although they have a few variations) but if anyone is curious, the Weekender model is approx:
L 105"
W. 48"
H 36"

My roof could allow me close to 120" in length and 62" width. My plan is to add some fabric to an existant canvas to meet my need. Although the Eurovan canvas is longer it's also twice as expensive as the Vanagon and since I must make it wider regardless, looks like Ranchero has just made the decision for me!

Stay tune for another cool project on the AmbuLand!

Cheers,
David

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I’d think it would be just as easy to start From scratch as to add on to the canvas... the glass would be save some effort to make one larger.

Abitibi

Explorer
When you take into consideration adding 3 windows, fabric purchase... it looks easier (and cheaper) for me to just add and extra 10" all around the bottom and and extra couple feet at the back. On my next days off I'll stop at some upholstery shops to get an estimate but I'd doubt it would be cheaper. As for the top I'm starting from scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles