Father and Son Photographers - An Interview with ExPo's Photoman

articulate

Expedition Leader
885396406_LG8or-L-1.jpg

Ever since I saw Photoman's pictures from his Northern AZ trip (thread with pics) I wanted to know more about him. He and his buddy took the kids out for an epic trip, I thought. Hiking the lava cave, trekking slot canyons, jumping on sand dunes and relaxing on Alstrom Point, and he manages to create some moving photos along the way. Fun for everybody.

The best part, he doesn't own a roof top tent or ARB fridge. He just goes, like it's 1959 or something :). Here's my interview with him, and I think you'll be really impressed with him, and the pictures his son takes.
Click it: Following in Dad's Footsteps: The Stunning Photography of Aaron Newman and His Son

Cheers,

articulate

Expedition Leader
I feel like Aaron's story nails it right on the head. Trevor is coming back from their trips with some skills as a photographer. That's awesome.

I used to be a bit worried about going on an epic trip with my daughter and feeling like I'd be just dragging her along on something I wanted to do. Turns out, she loves this stuff. Throws a fit when it's time to pack up and go home.

Mission accomplished. :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Fantastic interview/article. I'm going to get my kids involved too. Giving them webspace and teaching them all the aspects from exploring, image capturing, and computer use is just too cool. Awesome.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Fantastic interview/article. I'm going to get my kids involved too. Giving them webspace and teaching them all the aspects from exploring, image capturing, and computer use is just too cool. Awesome.
Agreed! The Wil and Wendy got a Fisher Price camera for our daughter on her birthday, which is just perfect for a disaster her size. It has this insane rubber thing around it that lets you drop it on the ground without breaking it. But the point isn't the camera but that she loves taking pictures.

I think it'd be cool to come home from a trip and compile a book of pictures just for the kids, made with their pictures. They'd get even more excited about the next trip.

Attachments

• fisherprice.jpg
    fisherprice.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94