Fast Turn Signal Blink

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hi all, I am sort of used to a fast turn signal blink being a burned out bulb. Well, I have checked and the front, side and rear blinker and all are working (though the dash light indicating the turn signal is out, but works with the flashers). I did replace the rear tail lights with LED ones (been a while with permanent tail lights as I was waiting for the understorage boxes to be complete), but the other side blinks fine. Anything that I may be missing?

Toyaddict

Did you wire in resistors when you switched the rear to led? Are the side lights also led? Some of the resistors don't have the best longevity and a fast flash will be the result when they fail.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
N.B. I have a variation of the same problem - the dash tell tales work with flashers, but not with turn signals. Annoying as you can't hear the click and all too often I drive down the road wasting blinker oil! :(

Possible same issues - LED tail lights. And headlights, for that matter.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Did you wire in resistors when you switched the rear to led? Are the side lights also led? Some of the resistors don't have the best longevity and a fast flash will be the result when they fail.
No, I did not and was originally wondering if I would need to. Strange thing is the passenger side blinks normal. The driver's side is fast. The side lights are not LED, just the factory original ones. Just ordered a couple resistors from Amazon, when they get here will give them a try. Thanks for the guidance. Then I will try and figure out the dash light.

Diplostrat, we have the same with the flashers working with the dash light. Strange thing is it used to work with just the passenger side blinker and now it does not work at all (I had a temporary rear taillight setup, 1 incandescent on the passenger side and 1 led on the driver's side). Wonder if somehow the resistors will fix this issue also? Once I get them installed I will pass it on.

On a side note, the ABS light was lit and I was wondering why. This happened when the truck was laid up over last summer when we had the chassis dustless blasted. Finally stumbled on the problem while wiring the taillights. Luckily I popped a fuse while doing the wiring. While replacing that fuse I noticed the ABS ones looked a bit sketchy, replaced them and all is good! Rarely is anything that easy. Maybe the dash light blinker will be the same.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
N.B. I have a variation of the same problem - the dash tell tales work with flashers, but not with turn signals. Annoying as you can't hear the click and all too often I drive down the road wasting blinker oil! :(

Possible same issues - LED tail lights. And headlights, for that matter.
Hey DiploStrat, just had a few minutes to wire in the resistors and they fixed all of my turn signal problems. The fast blink is gone and the dash light now works with both turn signals and flashers. Got mine from Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles