Farewall Land Cruiser?

Dalko43

Explorer
They buy it in droves over the Ranger since the Ranger is new.

Yep...and how long will Ford loyalists keep using that argument?

Ranger is a good enough truck...but it really doesn't offer much that isn't already offered by the existing midsized trucks. Based on its current price, I'd be surprised if it offers competition for the Colorado or Tacoma.

Back to perceptions vs reality...customer perceptions dictate pricing...perceptions are largely based on brand reputation.

Used Tacoma's and Tundra's retain their value better than used F-150's and Silverado's do. You can argue until you're blue in the face as to why that is, but the reality is that buyers place a higher value on Toyota's than they do most domestic trucks and 4x4's.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
What has your experience been?

Your experience is from a forum post. It’s not a mystery machine. Like said above they enjoy having it there.

nickw

Adventurer
My local dealer works on my 1994 LC. Has the manuals and can do a full engine rebuild if needed. Some parts are NLA, but never needed a part I couldn't get at the dealership. Smaller dealer about 60 miles East of LA. I'm not sure you know ****** you're talking about.

You drive a Ford Ranger...great. Why are you here? Pretty sure you don't find LC owners over in the Ford Ranger section trying to prove vehicle superiority; we already know LCs are at the top...it's just a fact.
Theyd send the engine off for a rebuild, they wouldn't do it in house. The 80s have more parts available vs the 60s.

I simply pointed out that owning a older cruiser requires a bit of tanacity, know how and a good shop (or buddy) that knows how to work on them and can source parts. It's not as simple (or cheap) as dropping off a newer rig.

I never once brought up a cruiser being sub par...I've owned them and been around them for years...for a reason.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Theyd send the engine off for a rebuild, they wouldn't do it in house. The 80s have more parts available vs the 60s.

I simply pointed out that owning a older cruiser requires a bit of tanacity, know how and a good shop (or buddy) that knows how to work on them and can source parts. It's not as simple (or cheap) as dropping off a newer rig.

I never once brought up a cruiser being sub par...I've owned them and been around them for years...for a reason.

I’m still trying to figure out the point you’ve been trying to make. I promise you I can go to the dealer and get parts. But you keep trying to argue that I can’t.

T-Willy

What has your experience been?

Well, as I said, they're stoked. The handful of times I've brought it into dealerships for repair (not often, it's a Land Cruiser after all) they're not just able and willing to do the repair, but generally stoked to work on and hear and talk about an older Land Cruiser that's still trucking along and doing long remote dirt trips across borders, etc. It's a thing; they get it.

nickw

Adventurer
You have to realize... You are trying to change the mind of a very devoted toyota fan boy. He will never admit that toyota is anything but exceptionally perfectly perfect.
Not trying to change any minds, not sure how we got so sidetracked TBH. Was just pointing out there are parts that are NLA, which is only becoming harder and its uncommon for shops to have depth of knowledge to do major repairs. Most of the die hard cruiser heads I know do all their own work for good reason, or rely on a cruiser shop....but to each their own...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles