Fall adventures in Maine

xjman88

Adventurer
Just one of the many thousands of two tracks we have up here to explore. There are over 10,000 miles of trails up here in Maine to enjoy. The adventures are endless.IMAG0008.jpgIMAG0018.jpgIMAG0020.jpgIMAG0019.jpgIts been a while since ive done a trip report. This is a compilation of my fall hunting and exploring trips to northwestern Maine. Hope you all enjoy. IMAG0005.jpg This one is of the awning deployed for shade while we were teaching the boys some basic firemaking skills followed by firearms training. I was a firearms instructor in the Army. ATTACH=CONFIG]207865[/ATTACH]IMAG0012.jpgThis is Bald Mountain. It has a small pond at the base of it w a couple decent camping spots. IMAG0014.jpgJust one of the many small streams up here. IMAG0004.jpgThe boys at work on their fires. IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited:

xjman88

Adventurer
IMAG0038.jpgThe same falls a month later with our group of kids. IMAG0022.jpgA small waterfall off one of the trails. Dont know the name but there some tent camping sites and there is parking off the trail.IMAG0032.jpgIMAG0021.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

xjman88

Adventurer
IMG_20130831_161819.jpgIMG_20130831_090840.jpgIMG_20130831_134127.jpgIMG_20130831_134857.jpgIMG_20130831_134832.jpgIMG_20130831_151800.jpgThese pics are from a trip my wife and I took. We went from the town of Bingham to Greenville. Then over to Mount Kineo and Moosehead Lake. We finished in Jackman. The first pic is looking west to New Hampshire and the Presidential Mountain Range. The 3rd pic is of Mount Kineo. The waterfall is the same one from an earlier trip report i did. Hope you all enjoy.

Last edited:

Bob Freda

Adventurer
Looks like a great unspoiled area, are the camp sites open to anyone ? I have been trying to get up there for the past year, maybe this year.

gm13

Adventurer
So much to see up here, always enjoy seeing pics from ME. Nice set, Thanks for posting.

Barrows

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing, I am very glad you are helping to pass the torch to the younger generation. Way to go for taking them exploring and camping.

xjman88

Adventurer
Looks like a great unspoiled area, are the camp sites open to anyone ? I have been trying to get up there for the past year, maybe this year.
Yes the campsites are open to anyone. You just need to get a fire permit from the General store intown Bingham. But there are no fees.

xjman88

Adventurer
0418164738.jpg
Thanks for sharing, I am very glad you are helping to pass the torch to the younger generation. Way to go for taking them exploring and camping.

No prob. I try to get the kids out whenever possible. My youngest is already planning our trip up north for April. We had a great experience last year up there. Heres a pic from our campsite last year.0418150840.jpg

xjman88

Adventurer

No prob. I try to get the kids out whenever possible. My youngest is already planning our trip up north for April. We had a great experience last year up there. Heres a pic from our campsite last year.View attachment 208017

xjman88

Adventurer
I somehow double posted my last one. Oops. Heres a pic i found of Bald mountain looking across Moxie lake. 0419100745.jpgYou cant match the beauty of the North Maine Woods area. We love venturing out and exploring. And im happy to share with others and you all enjoy them.

Last edited:

xjman88

Adventurer
Thanks man. Yeah the flying moose legend is pretty cool. There is all sorts of cool history here. I lived out your way for 2 years. I was stationed at Fort Carson. Spent alot of time wheeling out there.
Love the Flying Moose statue and legend. Nice adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior