Falken AT3W's on sale

kayadog

Adventurer
If anyone is looking to try the new Falken Wildpeak AT3W's they are on sale for very cheap at Discount Tire Direct right now. I just bought new tires otherwise I'd try them as they look good and the price is right. They are too new to have many reviews out there.

Falken-Wildpeak-AT3W-All-Terrain-Tread-9-10-15.jpg

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I talked to the fine folks at Barlow Jeeps in Sedona. They are running them on several of their Jeeps. So far they are quite impressed. I'm leaning towards these at the end of the year when I swap out our Jeep tires.

Flazer

Observer
They seem to be excellent tires based on early reviews or magazine tests. I almost went with them, but decided on some treadwrights (I know... People don't like retreads, but I did a lot of research).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tommudd

Explorer
Thanks for the heads up,
was just out pricing tires today and may have to try these on the buildup I'm doing now on one of my Grocery Getters

kayadog

Adventurer
That stinks. I bet if you call and talk to a rep they will still give you some of the rebates though.

Cascadian_Matt

Observer
Just installed a set this weekend! Looking forward to hitting some snow and dirt next weekend to test them out. Will certainly report back.

25758994694_ac9f67dffa_c.jpg

26363833585_b0b048e325_b.jpg

tommudd

Explorer
Yes please report back on how you like them.
Ride, noise levels ( I don't care but now the WIFE says if they are too loud she won't ride in it) LOL
One way to keep her out of it I guess !
By the way what wheels are those ?

Cascadian_Matt

Observer
Welp, my initial thoughts are that they are very quite on the road. Not anything noticeable above what my Hankook ATs were and really can't hear it over the wind noise of the roof rack at speed. I'll turn on the Db meter on the commute tomorrow.

Rained up here today and they acted just as I would expect. Little slippage on the wet concrete and stuff when I gave it some throttle from a standstill.

Wheels are from Stealth Custom Series (stealthcustomseries.com). They specialize in Toyota wheels that are subtle! Vin over there is an incredibly nice guy and has a fantastic eye for design. If you have a 4Runner or Tacoma, hard to go wrong with any of his styles or colors.

MoparBob

Observer
Welp, my initial thoughts are that they are very quite on the road. Not anything noticeable above what my Hankook ATs were and really can't hear it over the wind noise of the roof rack at speed. I'll turn on the Db meter on the commute tomorrow.

Rained up here today and they acted just as I would expect. Little slippage on the wet concrete and stuff when I gave it some throttle from a standstill.

Wheels are from Stealth Custom Series (stealthcustomseries.com). They specialize in Toyota wheels that are subtle! Vin over there is an incredibly nice guy and has a fantastic eye for design. If you have a 4Runner or Tacoma, hard to go wrong with any of his styles or colors.

Any updates?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne