Faded Wrangler Flares

Ed B

Adventurer
I have tried numerous products in an attempt to keep the fender flares on my daughters Jeep black. The Jeep is gray and the flares now match that color! I am now thinking about trying to spray them with the Krylon for plastic. What do you think? Anyone have success with anything else?

jeffy

Observer
I'd probably go with the Fusion paint as it holds up better then Bumper Black, or the heat gun trick.

4x4mike

Adventurer
I've got the dark gray fender flares on my 4runner than have faded. They don't look bad but I hit them with some 303 protectant every once in a while. I think it was here on expo that some one was talking about Kiwi brand leather dye. I have yet to try it but search and see if the thread is here and helpful to you.

hugh

Observer
If you carefully run a hot air gun over your flares, just enough so you don't melt or cause distortion they should turn black.

troy

Adventurer
Heat gun trick works, but didn't seem to last long for me. I then painted with krylon fusion and it has held up well going on 3 yrs.

Summiteer

I have an 08 jk, just did my flares and top today with 303 protectant and it looks incredible... don't know what the longevity is though.

TJ Willy

Adventurer
One of quickest ways to fade your flares or other exterior plastics is to use armor all. Avoid that stuff unless you are about to trade or sell. :ylsmoke:

Believe it or not, Harley D. makes some great UV protectant. I became a believer when I saw guy's mile worn bagger's inner fairing looking almost as good as new. He said his secret was that protectant after each wash. That was the second time I heard good things about that stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz