Factory Jack Replacements

JPsLC

Observer
I can make a bolt on adapter if you guys are interested. Not a big deal.
Honestly it would probably be better for the jack without the welding heat.
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm interested, but what kind of adapter are you proposing?

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm interested, but what kind of adapter are you proposing?

It seems like it would be pretty easy to make a little adapter that could bolt onto the stock jack ring/hole to convert to a normal hex drive and/or square drive.
That is basically what I did on mine, but I just welded it.
Making a bolt on unit doesn't look impossible, but I suspect all the Toyota jacks are slightly different...

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
You want the adapter to be able to pivot on top of the post in order to keep the jack itself plum for the most stability. Like mentioned before the factory jack is much more reliable and will work in any position over a hydraulic jack. Any jack is worthless if it will not work and you never need to worry with a factory jack. A factory jack with adapter can safely change any size tire you can fit on your Land Cruiser.

I tested the Safe Jack and aside from the high cost the head did not pivot and do to the height it would not fit under the axle when the tire was flat. A problem for most.

Some pictures showing the adapter in use on a 100 series in action. Nothing you want to try without an adapter.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/i-put-an-end-to-my-wifes-fear-of-jacking.922829/page-5#post-10508235

Now available for all Land Cruisers

80 series in action

Attachments

• jack adp front 80.JPG
    jack adp front 80.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 15
  • jack adp 80-100 rear.jpg
    jack adp 80-100 rear.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

toddz69

Explorer
You want the adapter to be able to pivot on top of the post in order to keep the jack itself plum for the most stability. Like mentioned before the factory jack is much more reliable and will work in any position over a hydraulic jack. Any jack is worthless if it will not work and you never need to worry with a factory jack. A factory jack with adapter can safely change any size tire you can fit on your Land Cruiser.

I tested the Safe Jack and aside from the high cost the head did not pivot and do to the height it would not fit under the axle when the tire was flat. A problem for most.

Some pictures showing the adapter in use on a 100 series in action. Nothing you want to try without an adapter.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/i-put-an-end-to-my-wifes-fear-of-jacking.922829/page-5#post-10508235

Now available for all Land Cruisers

80 series in action

Phil: What are the diameter of the LC axle tubes? Thinking maybe your adapter might be a good item for my Bronco as well.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Phil: What are the diameter of the LC axle tubes? Thinking maybe your adapter might be a good item for my Bronco as well.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

If does add a degree of safely we have lacked for a long time with most off road vehicles.

~3" square on the rear and slightly under 3" round on the front of an 80 series

80 series is designed for a 2" post with offset leg height for a tight fit of the front axle
100 series is designed for a 1.5" post
200 series is the same as a 100 series with a shorter snout.

Last edited:

toddz69

Explorer
If does add a degree of safely we have lacked for a long time with most off road vehicles.

~3" square on the rear and slightly under 3" round on the front of an 80 series

80 series is designed for a 2" post with offset leg height for a tight fit of the front axle
100 series is designed for a 1.5" post
200 series is the same as a 100 series with a shorter snout.

I checked and my front axle is a little under 3". My rear appears to be about 3.25-3.5". I'm betting the 100 series piece will work. Like your prices - certainly more reasonable than Bogart! I'll order one soon.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

SmoothLC

Explorer
I ordered one from Phil earlier this summer - great quality and had been searching for one for a while until I came upon a link to his work.

Shoot, I love the factory mechanical Toyota bottle jacks. They are great because of the range and because they will work in any position.
I have had one in my flat fender for years now.

The only thing that really annoyed me about them was the 'hook' style crank. I ended up modifying mine by welding a cut off spark plug socket onto the ring for the hook. The spare plug socket will let you use a 3/8" ratchet/extension to turn the jack. It also has a 13/16 hex on the end which you can use with a socket, end wrench, etc. You can even use an electric drill or impact to run the jack then....

If you don't want them, send them to me!

I have a small pile of them in my shop. With a recent trailer tire blowout, and only a high lift on board, I took a few minutes and modified one to bolt to the trailer. Now I'll never be caught with my pants down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles