Factory fenders for jeep jk.

RogueJK

recently got a JK, and the fenders are factory ones, but the brace underneath looks cut too. im trying to find factory takeoffs in my area, but cant seem to find any.

can someone with factory ones look and see if i need the actual brace thats there or if i can just order oe replacements without spending the extra for the brace.

Mile High Guy

Are you asking about the metal brace (at the upper right?) The factory fender flair has an inner and outer plastic shell that rests on that brace, and uses a bunch of the push connectors seen here on the front fender (in black)...I'll see if I can find a few more pic's from a repair last year...Most of this stuff is reusable on a factory fender repair or replacement...IMG_1069.jpeg

Last edited:

RogueJK

Are you asking about the metal brace (at the upper right?) The factory fender flair has an inner and outer plastic shell that rests on that brace, and uses a bunch of the push connectors seen here on the front fender (in black)...I'll see if I can find a few more pic's from a repair last year...Most of this stuff is reusable on a factory fender repair or replacement...View attachment 633401

no i still have that metal piece, theres like this finned plastic brace under. the outershell fender, and i think the finned piece sits ontop of that metal brace you pictured.

Ill try to send a pic tomorrow in the daytime

Mile High Guy

So you are talking about this piece, the support plastic under the top cover?

You are correct it bolts to the metal bracket and I think 2 other places, the rest is held with various plastic retainer clips and plastic rivets on the outside edge of the top cover piece...IMG_1064.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz