image.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 92

broncobowsher

Adventurer
NOT!

There was an E350 Sportmobile that was canabalized with an old tow truck F650 chassis. That is a rolling pile of garbage. I am sure the owner is quite proud of his finest creation. For our own safety the public should stay as far away from this as possible (both parked and on especially on the road).

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
NOT!

There was an E350 Sportmobile that was canabalized with an old tow truck F650 chassis. That is a rolling pile of garbage. I am sure the owner is quite proud of his finest creation. For our own safety the public should stay as far away from this as possible (both parked and on especially on the road).

lol!

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I've seen something as scary 2 year ago.
2rxtpg9.jpg

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
I don't get the hate? I mean, it's way overkill chassis-wise, but still pretty cool? Plus you could tow anything.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
Did you even notice how much duct tape is holding it together? From the mirror to the rust streaking off the plastic roof.
The chassis is so overkill that it will have the ride quality of welding the axle straight to the chassis.
The inner and outer tires on the rear duels are completely different tires. Whatever is about the right size and holds air.
The idea isn't that great, the execution is horrible.
If it wasn't flying low under the clause of being an "RV" there are several commercial vehicle weigh station/inspection stations that would have that thing parked as unsafe for road use.

Deshet

Adventurer
I have seen some of these that are pretty nicely done. A few thousands dollars paint and body work and you would be surprised at how nice that first van could be. The top is only fiberglass, it isn't that hard to fix.

The chassis is the same as a F650 Box truck I don't think any of us are scared to drive pass those and this is lighter and easier to stop. It probably has a cummins with a Allison automatic.

I have almost bought an F650 excursion done in a similar fashion, but they ones I have found weren't done well or were too far away.

I would buy the van above in a heart beat if it was priced right.

Take a closer before you write it off. It is not going rock climbing but it can do a lot. Think about how many hot shots truckers would kill for that rig. I see a lot of these guys living out of F350s.

Attachments

• johnson-480x232.jpeg
    johnson-480x232.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 516

Jo_Duval

Observer
Hate, no...
Scary because of weight and size, yes. IMHO .

IF well built it probably is safer than the original van that was overweight. Now it has massive suspension, brakes and axles. but man they are ugly and i wouldnt want anything to do with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles