F550 DBL Design Suspension Components

Srpat

Observer
Looking for a favor from somebody. I have DBL Designs single wheel conversion being shipped to me in the next week or so. There are quite a few suspension components to install and the instructions from them are a bit limited. Youtube videos and pictures from them of installation, or even the components of the suspension kit are non-existent. If anybody has had their single wheel conversion kit, could you please post pictures of everything? It doesn't seem too complicated, but pictures would definitely help me out. Pictures of their headlight support bracket would be helpful as well. I have McNeil racing fenders already, mostly, installed, but I will need to cut out some of the headlight frame and install their filler bracket, so pictures would make that easier as well.

F550/F450 SUPER SINGLE SUSPENSION
OUR LIFT KIT
Our suspension lift system for the F550/F450 is a 2.5" front and rear complete reconfiguration. Because the lift changes the geometry of the suspension, we have taken care to ensure that every element of the suspension meets or exceeds factory quality.
The suspension starts with a solid foundation of upgraded FOX shocks, capable of supporting up to 20,000lbs. The lift involves a specially machined aluminum spacer that is both durable and light weight. The spacer design is so important because it keeps the spring in proper alignment. The spring correction shim ensures the front spring is traveling straight up and down. This keeps the spring from becoming a banana over several years.

RETAIN FACTORY GEOMETRY
We also developed a pan hard bar adjustment bracket that moves the pan hard bar over and down the exact amount needed for the 2.5" lift so the axle is centered horizontally.
We reuse the factory brake lines, dropping them down for extended travel and ease of maintenance.
RIDE QUALITY IS A PRIORITY
The castor correction bracket allows the truck to retain the factory 4.5° of castor and gives the truck the freedom to go down the freeway with absolutely no issues, wander, or vibration.
Our rear suspension has solid steel blocks that are machined precisely for the correct pinion angle on the driveshaft. We also install drive shaft drop brackets so there is no drive-line vibration.
A sway bar drop bracket bolts on so the sway bar stays level with the truck for maximum functionality. The U-bolts are specific to the chassis and are heavier and stronger than factory U-bolts at the exact length needed.

Alloy

Why'd you choose DBL over Buckstop?

cph05a

Our build has DBL design wheels, but we did not use their suspension since IMO it was overpriced compared to piecing the suspension together from other OTC part, so I can't speak to their suspension. I have an older F450 so your experience may differ from mine a little bit.

When your parts arrive take some time to make sure they sent everything and all the parts fit together as expected. I've had issues with them sending me the wrong parts or leaving parts out, but they've always corrected it. That said, I've been pretty happy with the 20x10 DBL Design wheels once you get them and all the right parts for them. The wheels can be used with or without the beadlock inserts. If you use the inserts then you have to pull the wheel completely apart every time you get new tires and you'll have to replace the O rings when you do this so make sure you always keep some extra ones on hand. They're good wheels.

Srpat

Observer
Now that Iook at the parts in all the boxes it seems to make more sense. My only question now is I am unsure exactly where to chop the headlight support frame. They sent some filler pieces that get welded to the headlight frame after you cut it. A few pictures would help a lot.

I am hoping to figure it out based on the size of the filler pieces and based on what is hanging behind the McNeil fiberglass fenders.

MTVR

I'd be a little concerned about buying something from people who can't even spell what they're selling. "Panhard" is one word, and is capitalized. And "castor" is a bean plant.

Why'd you choose DBL over Buckstop?

I know this thread is over a year old and Buckstop makes great quality components from everything I have read but... Aluminum Beadlocks from Buckstop are $1100 more per wheel and the lead time as of end of December 2021 is 20 weeks vs.3 weeks quoted by DBL. The Aluminum 3 piece beadlocks are $750 per wheel. I called 1st attack and they said the lead time is over a year. DBL Steel one piece wheel also is very reasonable at around $450. All USD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles