F350 and FWC

jackflash

Observer
So it was brought to my attention in another thread that I started that FWC does not make a Camper for a Bronco any more. So I am thinking of going a different route. I am thinking of a Single Cab F350 4X4 with a FWC in the Bed. Anyone have any pictures of a set up like that?

jh504

Explorer
Is this what you were thinking of?

ford.jpg

No really, I have an F250 I am thinking of putting a FWC in but I dont have any build pictures yet. I am interested in seeing the same.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I am thinking of a Single Cab F350 4X4 with a FWC in the Bed. Anyone have any pictures of a set up like that?

The nicest one I'm familiar with belongs to my pal Marc. He's got a really nice F350 with an All Terrain Camper, very similar to the FWC. We did a nice trip to the San Juan Mtns of Colorado last Fall. His set-up is tremendous!

I'll attach a few pics of Marc's that I've saved (plus one random pic I found in my file - it looks like a F250, but it has a FWC on it) and I'll ping Marc about this thread to see if he has more to share -

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 194
  • WTW-PV_081.JPG
    WTW-PV_081.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Silverton 002.JPG
    Silverton 002.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 119
  • wmgrandby-003.jpg
    wmgrandby-003.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 159

jackflash

Observer
Holy crap kcowyo, that is exactly what I was think of. Even the color I wanted. Do you know if he has a Manual Trans or not? How does it perform offroad? Sorry I have a lot of question.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
He's a registered member here, I just him a note for you. I'm sure he'll check in soon.

Can't say which tranny he has for certain, but the truck performed great on the Alpine Loop from what I could see. He gets around quite a bit. I think his set-up is right on the money.

:smiley_drive:

roamingaz

Explorer
So it was brought to my attention in another thread that I started that FWC does not make a Camper for a Bronco any more. So I am thinking of going a different route. I am thinking of a Single Cab F350 4X4 with a FWC in the Bed. Anyone have any pictures of a set up like that?
Check out my adventure truck thread in the full size section, I have a Ford extended cab with a older four wheel camper.

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
The nicest one I'm familiar with belongs to my pal Marc. He's got a really nice F350 with an All Terrain Camper, very similar to the FWC. We did a nice trip to the San Juan Mtns of Colorado last Fall. His set-up is tremendous!

I'll attach a few pics of Marc's that I've saved (plus one random pic I found in my file - it looks like a F250, but it has a FWC on it) and I'll ping Marc about this thread to see if he has more to share -

What size tires are those? Suspension upgrades/lift?

-Chris

Marc1

Observer
Hi guys,
so far the rig has gotten me where ever I wanted to go. Can't down load pics here for whatever reason but their are many pics on the Wander The West site under trip reports. In my sig there are some details of my set-up.

marc

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Nice!

Very clean,functional truck. I'd love to have a lighter,lower profile popup but I'm so darn tall(6'4"),that I'm cramped in the FWC units. Great setup! Are you able to carry a matching spare or do you just hope you don't get a flat? Excellent real bumper up front also.

Last edited:

Marc1

Observer
Regcabguy,
thoes tires in th pics were Toyo 285/75/18 Open Country AT's in an E range on factory steelies. I carried the same size spare underneath that was aired down. Currently running Cooper ST's in a 275/70/18, which is the stock size and are my favorite tire thus far.

marc

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Regcabguy,
thoes tires in th pics were Toyo 285/75/18 Open Country AT's in an E range on factory steelies. I carried the same size spare underneath that was aired down. Currently running Cooper ST's in a 275/70/18, which is the stock size and are my favorite tire thus far.

marc
Thanks. Yeah Ford supplied 18" rims starting '08? The Toyo's in that size are tall and thin which helps with the highway handling. Aftermarket 18" rims in the proper backspacing for my Dodge are pretty scarce. I need an E rated tire with the Northstar. Thank you for the info. I'm running Toyo 285-75-17 AT's and can fit the inflated spare underneath. I see that the Coopers in your size are E rated. A 275-75 or 80-18 would be a nice size also.

Last edited:

jackflash

Observer
Marc1
Thanks for the reply, your setup is just about what a was wanting. I see that you were running a 285/75/18. How was the fit, did you have any rubbing? Could you run a 315? Thanks for you help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles