F250/350 6.2L real world mpg?

jadmt

70mph, flat ground, no traffic, maybe 17. 15-16 for sure. I get 15, but can't drive as slow as 70 ever.

4.10, 4.30, gears? With bigger tires? Hahahaha. No. Try 4.88 gears.
You can not drive as slow as 70mph? Curious why. We have a lot of stretches of 50-55mph that are heavily patrolled and for sure even at 60mph you get pulled over. I would think 4.10's with 285/75-17's would be fine but maybe not.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I don't think you'll be happy wth anything smaller than 35x12.5 on the new Fords..

Speed limit is 70. I'll try to get new numbers this week. But over a long trip, 15 is about normal.

Kingsize24

Observer
Just asked a friend here at work. F350 4x4 crew cab 6.2 gasser. He averages 12.8 hand calc. With 14.8-15.2 on HWY runs. He also runs an in bed tank and is on 35's.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
This is within 2 to 3 mpgs of my powerstroke, makes the 6.2 a good deal unless you are towing extreme weight.
Yep And one of the biggest reasons we went with the 6.2 to replace the old 7.3

Im hopeful that wet and loaded with the 6.2, we will see just 2-4 MPG loss.

It wont take too long to recoup that loss though, in fuel cost and maintenance.

I wont miss the diesel stink either o_O

Recommended books for Overlanding

The Alchemist, 25th Anniversary: A Fable About Following ...
by Paulo Coelho
From $10.47
999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
by Dan Grec, Dan Grec
From $19.95
Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $5.72
4WD Driving Skills: A Manual for On- and Off-Road Travel
by Vic Widman
From $17.27

blubullett

I drive a 2015 double cab short utility bed at work. It weighs almost 11k pounds and I average about 10mpg. I don't drive it easy either. The only thing I don't really like about it is it has a horrible turning radius. The only problem I have had is last week the clutch on the AC compressor took a poo. At 44k miles.

Explorerinil

Observer
This is within 2 to 3 mpgs of my powerstroke, makes the 6.2 a good deal unless you are towing extreme weight.
I think your right, plus you can work on the 6.2, the power stroke is jammed in there and requires a cab off for service. My friend has one, I was surprised on many hoses and plastic parts are everywhere under the hood.

Todd n Natalie

Observer
That's actually not bad for a 3/4 - 1 ton truck. I'm averaging 19 with my F150 with a 5.0 w/ 3:73's and stock size tires. Freeway commute doing about 65.

Usually a bit better in the summer.

Are these figures pretty compatible to a Ram with a 6.4?

Explorerinil

Observer
That's actually not bad for a 3/4 - 1 ton truck. I'm averaging 19 with my F150 with a 5.0 w/ 3:73's and stock size tires. Freeway commute doing about 65.

Usually a bit better in the summer.

Are these figures pretty compatible to a Ram with a 6.4?
Yeah they are about the same with the ram 6.4.

mobob

My 2014 Raptor is the 6.2 with a small bump in HP, 4.10s, 6 speed and weighs close to the F250, but slightly less aerodynamic as far as bricks go. It also runs 35 inch KO2 for comparison. I have averaged 12.5 over its lifetime at 90000 miles. It can get 13-14 if i keep my foot under control and under 75 but typically in the 12-13 range. I have even seen 15 over 600 miles with a good tailwind in the summer and running 70-75 all day. Any headwind and it’s in the 11-12 range with exponentially worse mileage as speed/wind increases. I typically see 10-11 running around town or when in a hurry, 9-10 towing my Bass boat. Never even close to 16...ever.

It’s the anti-hybrid and worth every penny. I like the engine more than any other truck engine I have owned and hope to keep it for a long time.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
That's also a raptor, so the tuning is different. Its a hotter tune, in addition to whatever engine differences might exist.