F150 w 6.2L

85_Ranger4x4

In the case of the ford turbo 2.3 and supercharged 3.8, regular use killed them. Cracked heads, turbo failures, superchargers and after coolers wearing out and/or leaking prematurely mixed with the beloved sn95 wiring harness issues. Think they learned anything after retiring some engineers? Need I start on the supercharged buicks and supercharged 4v fords?

2.3T and ‘charged 3.8’s in a SN-95?

The 2.3T was not a bad engine at all...

D

Deleted member 9101

History of forced induction and excessive electronics are not in the EB's favor.

Let's see

Turbocharging was the future for the big 3 in the late 70's and 80s. They swapped over to supercharging in the 90s with the same results. Age and hours kill these vehicles, not the mileage.

In the case of the ford turbo 2.3 and supercharged 3.8, regular use killed them. Cracked heads, turbo failures, superchargers and after coolers wearing out and/or leaking prematurely mixed with the beloved sn95 wiring harness issues. Think they learned anything after retiring some engineers? Need I start on the supercharged buicks and supercharged 4v fords?

Well then...since the 6.0 powerstroke amd GM 350 diesel were a POS....all diesels are a POS....see how silly it sounds?

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh, guess you missed the F*rd specific timeline. This was an ecoboost history lesson

One problem...you didn't mention a single EcoBoost engine. Looks like my point still stands....since select diesel engines of the past were crap...ALL NEW DIESELS ARE CRAP!!!! :-/

I had an AOD what was awful...does that mean that my 10R60 is awful? I mean...what could have possible been improved in two decades....

Last edited by a moderator:

phsycle

Adventurer
Yep! I was all ready to go snatch it up, but when I scrolled through the pics, I could clearly see that the 4wd selector was missing 4Lo. Doubled/triple checked. They call it Torque On Demand.

Wow, I thought GM was the only one with a 2-sp xfer case option. Thanks for the info.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Yep! I was all ready to go snatch it up, but when I scrolled through the pics, I could clearly see that the 4wd selector was missing 4Lo. Doubled/triple checked. They call it Torque On Demand.

Wow a quick google search and I've learned so much. Looks like it was limited to certain Limiteds and Lariats.

Honestly not a bad choice for what most people would use their truck for, but not optimal for most of us on this forum. Still the 6.2 would almost convince me to overlook it.

D

Deleted member 9101

I looked at a Limited with a 6.2 when I was shopping for trucks last summer. Turns out that some came with a single speed transfercase, so if 4Lo is important to you, check for that.

Count this as something new I learned today.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Wow a quick google search and I've learned so much. Looks like it was limited to certain Limiteds and Lariats.

Honestly not a bad choice for what most people would use their truck for, but not optimal for most of us on this forum. Still the 6.2 would almost convince me to overlook it.

Would be a cool muscle truck. You know, for guys who like the sound of a V8... BasicDudeStuff

85_Ranger4x4

GREAT N/A engine.

Disaster when turbocharged. Sure they made power, but not for long. Uncracked turbo heads were unicorn parts 20 years ago. I recall a pair of SVOs being sent to R&D in Germany. Both failed. Motorsport cars in IMSA ran a variant of a Cosworth engine.

A turbocoupe swap is still pretty popular for Ranger, used to be really popular 10-15 years ago.

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Funny thing about the 6.2L F150’s... I had a dealer try to convince me that the 2013 F150 FX4 they had was a Raptor. They way overpriced it and wouldn’t budge. So dumb. They even had the Carfax linked. And that’s how I ended up with a 2014 5.0...

Dude, fake Raptors are the worst. And the worst of the worst when the dealership ruins a perfectly fine F150 with a bad lift, tacky flairs and a DOOD grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles