F150 vs Tundra....I’ll make a decision tomorrow

D

Deleted member 9101

Being the Toyota guy in a Ford family I know a lot of Ford fanatics. Every argument you've ever made for Ford I've heard since I bought my first Toyota when I was 15.

Oh really... So when you were 15 your family discussed the latest generation of F150 having more pulling power, fuel economy, better ride quality, better handling, and a shorter 60-0 stopping distance when compared to the latest Tundra? Did they also cite sources for that data?

Oh wait... I found the ignore button...

D

Deleted member 9101

Yes. And the EcoBoost nonsense is much the same. How many times has that been re- done now?

It turns out if you try to make a faux Porsche turbo it is just as quirky and maintenance hungry as, well, a Porsche...

I'm starting to worry about you FJR... Are you ok? I would think after making such a claim and having days to back it up you would have... Unless...dare I say....you were wrong????

tacollie

Glamper
Oh really... So when you were 15 your family discussed the latest generation of F150 having more pulling power, fuel economy, better ride quality, better handling, and a shorter 60-0 stopping distance when compared to the latest Tundra? Did they also cite sources for that data?

Oh wait... I found the ignore button...
The compared the lastest F150 to my mini truck but you won't know because of the ignore button.

What's with people and the ignore button lately? Seems like people are really running with it and excited to talk about it. You all need thicker skin.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
What's with people and the ignore button lately? Seems like people are really running with it and excited to talk about it. You all need thicker skin.
True sign of cowardice, some people just can't stand the thought that other people have different tastes and make different choices and they exhaust themselves trying to convince the world to follow their lead, when they can't accomplish that they "ignore" the most vocal opponents so that the ignorer doesn't have to be reminded of their failure to convert the ignored!
Seems like here at the portal it's the ford fanboys who try the hardest and then hide behind the ignore button, funny thing about the ford boys is when they encounter another ford boy who likes a different version ford they immediately attack to convince the other ford boy of their error..... strange how their minds work!

shade

The compared the lastest F150 to my mini truck but you won't know because of the ignore button.

True sign of cowardice, some people just can't stand the thought that other people have different tastes and make different choices and they exhaust themselves trying to convince the world to follow their lead, when they can't accomplish that they "ignore" the most vocal opponents so that the ignorer doesn't have to be reminded of their failure to convert the ignored!
Seems like here at the portal it's the ford fanboys who try the hardest and then hide behind the ignore button, funny thing about the ford boys is when they encounter another ford boy who likes a different version ford they immediately attack to convince the other ford boy of their error..... strange how their minds work!
Or maybe some people have come to realize that the Ignore List is a core function of how this forum is designed to work.

Rather than calling NevadaLover a coward or anything else, I can simply say that I don't like much of what he posts, so I put him on my Ignore List. Not finding value in someone's opinion doesn't mean anyone involved is a bad person. Instead of having people repeatedly at each other's throats, avoiding neverending battles seems a better option to me. Self-moderation isn't a bad thing in my world.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Or maybe some people have come to realize that the Ignore List is a core function of how this forum is designed to function.

Rather than calling NevadaLover a coward or anything else, I can simply say that I don't like much of what he posts, so I put him on my Ignore List. Not finding value in someone's opinion doesn't mean anyone involved is a bad person. Instead of having people repeatedly at each other's throats, avoiding neverending battles seems a better option to me. Self-moderation isn't a bad thing in my world.

Exactly! I have zero reason to associate with overly opinionated, egotistical, brain washed, antagonist, zealots. I wouldn't talk to them in real life...why on earth would I talk to them on here? I have zero problem when someone disagrees with me, but when that person is a complete jack ass about it I lose interest in them and their opinion.

After clicking on the "show ignored content" icon I can see that I made the right choice. It's as if some people think so highly of themselves that they honestly believe that other people are somehow required to put up with their crap. Grab a tissue gentleman I am truly enjoying your tears.

shade

Exactly! I have zero reason to associate with overly opinionated, egotistical, brain washed, antagonist, zealots. I wouldn't talk to them in real life...why on earth would I talk to them on here? I have zero problem when someone disagrees with me, but when that person is a complete jack ass about it I lose interest in them and their opinion.

After clicking on the "show ignored content" icon I can see that I made the right choice. It's as if some people think so highly of themselves that they honestly believe that other people are somehow required to put up with their crap. Grab a tissue gentleman I am truly enjoying your tears.
Pretty much.

I won't assign any of those attributes to anyone here; I can't. It's against the rules, and that's the construct everything on the forum operates within. Stepping outside those bounds means that other predictable measures come into play: post deletion and bans. Using the Ignore List lightens the load for the mods, and fosters a better atmosphere throughout the forum.

If, as NevadaLover has said, a cowardly person leans too heavily on their Ignore List, I don't see a downside to it. That person decided that they were better off not viewing someone else's posts. Who are we to argue?

D

Deleted member 9101

Because waiting until someone puts you on ignore to talk ******** is being brave? Get over your self sunshine, no one is impressed by your on line chest pounding from behind a keyboard.

As for the rest, I could care less when someone disagrees with me. Your opinions do not bother me... You are an ass hole and I have zero desire to put up with your childing antics and name calling. The post I quoted is a prime example of why I ignored you.

Now... Get out of your feelings and grow a pair, princess.

Last edited by a moderator:

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Because waiting until someone puts you on ignore to talk **** is being brave? Get over your self.

As for the rest, I could care less when someone disagrees with me. Your opinions do not bother me... You are an ass hike and I have zero desire to put up with your childing antics and name calling. The post ai quoted is a prime example of why I ignored you.

Now... Get out of your feelings and grow a pair, princess.
So you ignored me yet you still answer my post, just a twisted little thing aren't you, and it's hysterical that in the same sentence you call me names then insult me for calling names, typical troll behavior on a second and third level!
You're just a sad little thing whose entire existence is centered around your truck and you cry and cry about others not bowing to you and the almighty truck you drive, follow your own advice and grow a pair because of ALL the users on the portal YOU are the sad lil princess!

tacollie

Glamper
Or maybe some people have come to realize that the Ignore List is a core function of how this forum is designed to function.

I self moderate by scrolling by the majority of certain users post or by skimming them if it's in a more interesting thread. I don't completely block them out. I also think it's weird to tell people you're ignoring them.

shade

I self moderate by scrolling by the majority of certain users post or by skimming them if it's in a more interesting thread. I don't completely block them out. I also think it's weird to tell people you're ignoring them.
I get that. Otoh, I'll let them know so that there's an explanation for why I've decided to no longer participate in a debate over Princess Diana's pedicure regime, or whatever silliness I've drawn myself into and should've avoided in the first place. There's an argument to be made for just doing it without announcement, and that may be a better way to go about it. I usually tell someone I'm Ignoring them and request they do the same to me.

As Jnich said, if you use the Ignore feature, you can still click a time or two to see what the Ignored said, so it's not like there's a huge barrier to seeing the full content of a thread. I have a very short Ignore List, so I don't lose much, if anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Pretty much.

I won't assign any of those attributes to anyone here; I can't. It's against the rules, and that's the construct everything on the forum operates within. Stepping outside those bounds means that other predictable measures come into play: post deletion and bans. Using the Ignore List lightens the load for the mods, and fosters a better atmosphere throughout the forum.

If, as NevadaLover has said, a cowardly person leans too heavily on their Ignore List, I don't see a downside to it. That person decided that they were better off not viewing someone else's posts. Who are we to argue?

Here's how I look at it...if he truly has a problem with someone placing him on their ignore list, perhaps he should look in the mirror and ask why another person would want to completely cut off contact with him.

shade

Here's how I look at it...if he truly has a problem with someone placing him on their ignore list, perhaps he should look in the mirror and ask why another person would want to completely cut off contact with him.
Someone can, if that is their choice. I doubt much introspection arises from being Ignored, though.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I get that. Otoh, I'll let them know so that there's an explanation for why I've decided to no longer participate in a debate over Princess Diana's pedicure regime,
Why does that seem like a topic that would pop in discussion about why the Defender should have solid axles or the metallurgy reports of the stainless steel used in the cyber truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles