F150 vs Tundra....I’ll make a decision tomorrow

D

Deleted member 9101

Be prepared to get about 1/3 of what you paid for it!!
Surprisingly not: 20190926_162530~2.jpg

Also...according to some on this site, my truck is a unreliable POS and I should immediately junk it and buy a Toyota... :-/

Huntv

Also...according to some on this site, my truck is a unreliable POS and I should immediately junk it and buy a Toyota... :-/

Finally talking some sense! Just bustin your balls. I had a Raptor, then Power Wagon before my current Tundra. Loved both of them. Raptor was alot of fun and I would have kept it if my local ford service dept. wasn't a f'n crapshow. I live in a rural area, so it's not convenient to go to another dealer. If I could find a low mile, well cared for Gen 1 Raptor with the 6.2 I'd be all over it. But I'd still keep the Tundra for longer excursions!

D

Deleted member 9101

Finally talking some sense! Just bustin your balls. I had a Raptor, then Power Wagon before my current Tundra. Loved both of them. Raptor was alot of fun and I would have kept it if my local ford service dept. wasn't a f'n crapshow. I live in a rural area, so it's not convenient to go to another dealer. If I could find a low mile, well cared for Gen 1 Raptor with the 6.2 I'd be all over it. But I'd still keep the Tundra for longer excursions!

The good/bad thing about a Raptor is they hold their value insanely well. I have a neighbor that buys a new one every 2-3 years and he barely takes a hit when he sells his "old one."

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
This got brought up AGAIN? You probably have 2-3 hours of solid reading in the last thread that was closed.

Is the Tundra up to speed with coffee cup warmers and AC for your nuts? Nope. Is it long overdue for an update? Yup. Is there ANYTHING overly wrong with it? Nope. (Despite what the F150 cheerleaders tell you).

I'm not pro anything. I think full sized trucks are so grossly overpriced that they're all a rip off. But yeah, I'll be having the same debate in a couple years. I can assure you that fuel economy will not be the deciding factor. If you want economy, don't buy a full size truck. Dumbest f*ing argument in this whole debate...

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
If you don't mind 15mpg combined and don't need all of the new features, the Tundra makes the most sense, especially if you're going to be going out in the middle of nowhere and want to be able to come back every time. I know there are people on here who take their F-150s out and come back no problem, but the aggregate data does not lie. The Tundra is simply more reliable. Period. And yes, that comes from it being an older design with less bells and whistles. But it is ridiculous to call it "junk".

The F150 with the 3.5 only averages 16mpg anyways. And the one guy who drives it 5-10 under the speed limit and regularly gets 19 probably needs a little more excitement in his life...

I love how offended Toyota owners get when someone pushes back against their "mAuh YotAh iSdA moOsT rEliAbLe tRucK" nonsense.

Again, your claim that Toyota isn't making the most reliable truck is completely unsupported nonsense. I'm not upset at all. Just enjoying pointing out your irrationality. Let's review the facts:

Towing: F150 wins
Payload: F150 wins
Features: F150 wins
MPG: F150 wins
Long term reliability: Tundra wins

Why is that last point so hard for you to accept? It's no problem for me to accept all of the above facts.

Well lets see, unlike most people on this site I have owned both a Tundra and F150, plus I have the benefit of also having my two prior work trucks being F150s.

As for your data...as someone who deals with large amounts of data on a almost daily basis, I am very skeptical when it's all encompassing and generalized.... Such as the data you cited. Data is very easy to misinterpret, manipulate, and skew.

Yes, your personal experience with four trucks (!!) trumps the full size segment data Dashboard Light has compiled using 146,988 trucks. You are hilarious. I can understand you being skeptical. But making unsupported claims in the face of the data goes beyond skepticism and into irrationality. Spend some time looking through the DL site. Or is your bias against what it will show you preventing you from doing that?

Question: have you owned either truck...or are you relying 100% on what you read on line?

Nope, I'm in the market. Still undecided myself. I'm not denying the facts of either brand "like some people on this site." ?‍♂️

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
UUUUMMMM YEAAAAAAAH......Because we buy half-ton trucks to "hit the track". hahahahahahahhaha

Of course, then there’s this:
“The F-150 is stout enough for the 3.5 and its turbos, but I'd recommend getting a truck with full-time four-wheel-drive (aka, all-wheel-drive), because 470 lb-ft. of torque can and will fry the rear tires.

Unladen, the F-150 is now a terror at drag strips. Seriously. It's not quite as quick as a Mustang GT, but it's not terribly far behind, either.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Again, your claim that Toyota isn't making the most reliable truck is completely unsupported nonsense. I'm not upset at all. Just enjoying pointing out your irrationality. Let's review the facts:

Towing: F150 wins
Payload: F150 wins
Features: F150 wins
MPG: F150 wins
Long term reliability: Tundra wins

Why is that last point so hard for you to accept? It's no problem for me to accept all of the above facts.

Yes, your personal experience with four trucks (!!) trumps the full size segment data Dashboard Light has compiled using 146,988 trucks. You are hilarious. I can understand you being skeptical. But making unsupported claims in the face of the data goes beyond skepticism and into irrationality. Spend some time looking through the DL site. Or is your bias against what it will show you preventing you from doing that?

Nope, I'm in the market. Still undecided myself. I'm not denying the facts of either brand "like some people on this site." ?‍♂️

Please, please, please cite where I said that the all mighty Tundra was not reliable. Please do it, stop with the insults and cite where I said that.

All I've been saying is you have no long term data on the newest generation of the F150. At most you have 4 years, but in all reality its 1 since Ford changed things in 2018. So you have 1 years worth of data to judge long term reliability... Neither amount of time constitutes "long term."

Also, you unlike you I can speak from 1st hand experience with both trucks... Thus far your first hand experience is exactly zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Also, stop advertising for your website.

Lastly, welcome to the"ignore" button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles