F150 overland build

ultraclyde

Observer
I just read through the whole thread. woof. I really like the Mercenary bumpers. Functional but low key. Checked their site and they aren't posted there. I agree I'd love to see a version with a vent for the EB intercooler, and perhaps a hitch or other QR winch mount.

Raul B

Explorer
I just read through the whole thread. woof. I really like the Mercenary bumpers. Functional but low key. Checked their site and they aren't posted there. I agree I'd love to see a version with a vent for the EB intercooler, and perhaps a hitch or other QR winch mount.
The problem with the eco boost is the intercooler. You could mount the same bumper but no winch and it would fit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ultraclyde

Observer
The problem with the eco boost is the intercooler. You could mount the same bumper but no winch and it would fit.

Well, right. Plus you need a bigger opening to duct air to the intercooler. Thats why the removable winch mounting point would be needed.

Raul B

Explorer
Well, right. Plus you need a bigger opening to duct air to the intercooler. Thats why the removable winch mounting point would be needed.
Does anyone make a intercooler relocation kit? That would help as well.

D

Deleted member 9101

Damn that's a nice kit. And not super expensive. I don't nerd it since I have a 5.0 but that is a great option for the eco boost guys.

It's the "go-to" kit for the guys with larger turbos and big HP

ultraclyde

Observer
Yeah, I've looked at that kit. I like it, and it would be massive overkill for a lightly modded truck - which is fine by me for cooling systems. It's probably cheapest to do the relocation and just buy the kit that puts a winch inside the factory bumper. Hmmm....Christmas list is starting to come together...

Sims4adventure

Love this truck. I flow you on another forum. How do you like the decked drawer ? Worth the coin?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 9101

Yeah, I've looked at that kit. I like it, and it would be massive overkill for a lightly modded truck - which is fine by me for cooling systems. It's probably cheapest to do the relocation and just buy the kit that puts a winch inside the factory bumper. Hmmm....Christmas list is starting to come together...

Actuailly, even of you were 100% stock it would help with heat soak while you were crawling in 4 low.

When I put on an after market intercooler I saw a big drop in IATs even while cruising around town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles