F150 Build Plan

fatboytx

You can get a 6.5 bed with a crew cab but it lowers your payload a bit. The CC+6.5 lower payload shouldn't matter if your not considering a truck camper. I would never buy a truck with a smaller bed. I use the bed a fair amount and it doesn't make sense to me and I don't park the thing in a garage. Now, if your concerned about agility on trails then you should stay with the shorter wheel base. I thought this would be a problem but find that I don't take my truck on trails so tight it would make a difference. Yeah, I would have fared far better with the crew cab and 6.5. I really hate the suicide doors in parking lots. PITA! I really love the 5L a lot. I have OEM skid plates and prob won't swap them for better. Gearing seems bout right to me. I use my truck for fly fishing and sleep in the back, beneath a truck cap. I do drive it offroad a ways to reach head waters and far off places and am always glad I have recovery gear with me in case I mess up. I run it stock 4x4. Will be looking at better tires but will stay with OEM rims. Probably go to bilstein shocks when I change tires. I think they are a bit firmer but perform better on washboard stuff when your just offroad a bit. I could use something better than sleeping in a truck cap. Mine is less than a year old and I don't trust it in a gentle rain. I recommend you drive the thing and figure out what you need. I'd like more suspension travel but hey thats serious bank.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
You can get a 6.5 bed with a crew cab but it lowers your payload a bit. The CC+6.5 lower payload shouldn't matter if your not considering a truck camper.

You can get a heavy duty payload package on the super crew with the 6'5" box. Not so with the 5'5" box.

D

Deleted member 9101

Can you get the 6.5 SCrew with an Ecoboost?? Local dealers are saying only with the V8....

You should be able to get that. I'm pretty sure they are trying to get you to buy what's on the lot, rather than finding what you want and having it shipped.

D45

Explorer
My truck has 3.73s, wouldn't want the 3.55 especially with taller tires

I have a 6.5' bed in my super crew....the 5.5 is too small for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior