F series wheel pattern onto E series van

Eric3187

Adventurer
while this could be one of those things thats more trouble than its worth, or may not work at all. i was thinking today, on the 2wd F series Super Dutys, is the spindle the same size as the E Series Vans?

I have not looked at the rotor yet, but would imagine it is a hub/rotor combo on the 2wd Vans. if the spindle and bearings were the same, could the F series hub/rotor be installed to get the F series lug pattern without having to run wheel spacers?

Id imagine if the bearings were the same part # then that verifies that it should technically fit, caliper clearance would be the only thing left to address if not a direct swap?

If this has been discussed, and you know of the link, please post it up.

86scotty

Cynic
I have no idea, but F-series wheels on a van have been discussed forever. There is thread upon thread on this subject and I would think that if that would work someone would've figured it out. You could be on to something pretty cool, but I'm just saying I would be surprised if there was an easy fix someone hasn't discovered. Good luck, though, honestly.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
What year van are you talking about? 1995 to 2007 or 2008 to 2014, They use the same bearings and cups. Rotor dia. is slightly different, but not enough to be a problem. The problem will be bearing spread, rotor thickness, caliper thickness... bearing spread looks to be the problem, but not sure. You are going to have the best luck if you are starting with a 2008 to 2012 as they have the bigger brakes that are closer to the F250 brakes with 8 on 170mm lug pattern.

Eric3187

Adventurer
i have an 06, i know enough folks that work at auto shops, i may see if they can toss a bad rotor aside so i can take measurements. it was a late night idea and not very high up on my to-do list.

worst case is im out $30 bucks for a rotor from auto zone, or just clean up any grease and return it if it doesnt fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94