F-150 Diesel

Clutch

<---Pass
If emissions were the issue.. you would keep your very old vehicle your whole life... And hand it down to your children...

Emissions, ie. environmental impact, must be measured by 3 costs : production, useage, disposal. This represents the life cycle of a product...

Reality is we would have far far far less environmental impact, if that is what you are trying to achieve, if we all drove 1970 ford pickups.. (or whatever old vehicle)...

But that conversation doesn't fit too many people's agendas...

Yep.

In reality, most people don't care much about the environment or environmental impact.. but they pretend they do...

Yeah, never did quite "get" how manufacturing and buying new products is good for the environment. All it is...is a marketing scheme to sell more ********. We must keep on consuming to save! ahhh...ok???

I guess Ford, Dodge & Chevy didn't include you when they did their market research.

Michlong is right, there is no good reason to buy the diesel. Guessing he is like me, we see through the marketing hype. So no, not included in their marketing research. Wouldn't be too butthurt about that.

As they say a fool and his money....though in this day and age, it is a fool and his borrowed money....

Dalko43

Explorer
There is no good reason to buy a Jeep Rubicon, a Ram Power Wagon or a LandCruiser, or even a Porsche 911 or a motorcycle....after all, there is no need for people to go exploring the backroads of North America or to go racing around a track.

The beauty of this country is that people can buy what they want, and, to some degree, that 'want' dictates what the OEM's put out to market...hence why North America has an increasing number of diesel engine options for 4x4's and trucks, despite the stringent emissions regulations.

The ugly side of this country is that many people do finance their 'wants' via loans and credit card debt (as @Clutch notes)...but that is inherent to any capitalistic society.

FWIW, I probably won't ever buy a F-150. But I appreciate the flexibility that is provided by Ford's plethora of engine options: a gasoline v8, (2) different turbo gasoline v6 options, and a turbo-diesel. 10 years ago, who would have thought a North American truck buyer would have so many options? I wish other OEM's would follow Ford's lead on this....ahem...Toyota.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
There is no good reason to buy a Jeep Rubicon, a Ram Power Wagon or a LandCruiser, or even a Porsche 911 or a motorcycle....after all, there is no need for people to go exploring the backroads of North America or to go racing around a track.

The beauty of this country is that people can buy what they want, and, to some degree, that 'want' dictates what the OEM's put out to market...hence why North America has an increasing number of diesel engine options for 4x4's and trucks, despite the stringent emissions regulations.

The ugly side of this country is that many people do finance their 'wants' via loans and credit card debt (as @Clutch notes)...but that is inherent to any capitalistic society.

FWIW, I probably won't ever buy a F-150. But I appreciate the flexibility that is provided by Ford's plethora of engine options: a gasoline v8, (2) different turbo gasoline v6 options, and a turbo-diesel. 10 years ago, who would have thought a North American truck buyer would have so many options? I wish other OEM's would follow Ford's lead on this....ahem...Toyota.

Good post, our economy wouldn't thrive if it weren't for being propped up on credit. People can buy whatever they want with borrowed money...who are we to judge?

Our economy would surely die if everyone was a cheap SOB like me. This country needs irrational keeping up with the Jones types.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94