Exterior, aftermarket showers for FWC pop ups?

Carolina4x4

i searched the threads here, and found nothing on showers that could be added to the outside of pop-up campers. For my FWC Granby, a shell model that is coming with no plumbing, I am considering a "Road Shower" such as this one (no affiliation): https://roadshower.com/?gclid=CjwKC...R1L1KXyGpZMWywjVYe0uai0y_5h-iHcxoC-rYQAvD_BwE

The concept seems good, the question is will it be mountable to a pop-up and will it be accessible once it's up there. With a max of ten gallons, it will need resupplying fairly often. Interested in opinions and experience with other options. I do NOT have the skills or time to invest in an elaborate plumbing job on my camper. Cheers!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I use a 2 gal. garden sprayer. Lengthened the hose and shortened the wand. You can atomize the water with the adjustable nozzle. Baja proven for 25 yrs where water's scarce. Boil water in your coffee pot and mix it into the colder pump water. it pack's well and 2 gallons are good for 4 showers if you milk it.

whwv

Observer
I used a Nemo Helio shower (https://www.rei.com/product/882468/nemo-helio-pressure-shower) in my FWC. Packed down nicely and would heat fine in the summer from the sun. For winter, I would heat up a pot of water on the stove and would be good to go. When I was looking at options, I thought about the road shower but didn't want that weight up high and liked the portability of a solar shower. Honestly though, probably 80% of my showers were hobo showers with hot water and biodegradable soap in the sink...

4x4sporty

I used the older version of this for years with my first van. It was nice to have for camp kitchen also.

Forrestvt

Road showers are nifty but having the weight of water on top of the camper is going to make it very challenging if not impossible to pop up and down.

Garden sprayer, solar shower style are good easy warm weather options.

For actual heated water I would look at portable propane instant water heater. Seen Camplux brand installed inside and outside of campers/vans and generally have positive results. For example: https://faroutride.com/eccotemp-l5-review/

or...

something like this heat exchange unit that uses your vehicle

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have had success with the Eccotemp portable LPG units. I currently have an L5 that I just set up in my never ending camper project... and had an L7 in my last offroad trailer.

These package deals are pretty good, they come with a solid 12v pump and a particulate strainer as well as the shower wand and LPG hose. They work amazingly well and generate a ton of on demand hot HOT water. Plus if you don't want to mount the heater permanently you can mount it, use it and put it away.

Eccotemp.JPG

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I have had success with the Eccotemp portable LPG units. I currently have an L5 that I just set up in my never ending camper project... and had an L7 in my last offroad trailer.

These package deals are pretty good, they come with a solid 12v pump and a particulate strainer as well as the shower wand and LPG hose. They work amazingly well and generate a ton of on demand hot HOT water. Plus if you don't want to mount the heater permanently you can mount it, use it and put it away.

View attachment 550845

Ecotemp is garbage. I bought 3 of these before I finally got one that worked (80% of the time at best). Poor customer service, lies after lies. Finally they admitted that they had a bad batch of parts (the saga of shipping and returns went on for over a month). They made me take apart two of them and attempt to “fix” them myself before they would even accept them as returns. Now I have one that works “most” of the time but will randomly shut down during a shower and spray cold water on you. Junk product from a junk company.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Ecotemp is garbage. I bought 3 of these before I finally got one that worked (80% of the time at best). Poor customer service, lies after lies. Finally they admitted that they had a bad batch of parts (the saga of shipping and returns went on for over a month). They made me take apart two of them and attempt to “fix” them myself before they would even accept them as returns. Now I have one that works “most” of the time but will randomly shut down during a shower and spray cold water on you. Junk product from a junk company.

I haven't had the same experience. If I did... I picked mine up at Costco so its a quick return and done. My L7 worked flawlessly but the shower wand was cheap.

simple

Adventurer
I'm a fan of a collapsible bucket and a $30 battery powered submersible pump sprayer (light weight and packs really small). Mix 25% boiling water with 75% ambient temp water. It only takes a half gallon to get clean. It doesn't make sense to pack an extra water heater when you already have a jetboil or camp stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94