Express Van Recovery Points

gldngrk

Revisiting this to see if anyone has come up with a simple solution 3 years later?

Would prefer an off the shelf solution if possible.
i have a 2016 gmc savana 3500 diesel quigley no extra holes in the bumper
and i put on a front hitch, i bought the one for an 03 chevy/gmc from curt and while it was very close it was no cigar so i took it to a welder and he charged me $50 .00 to move the "wings" in just a bit, like a 1/2 inch on each side, there was only one bolt hole in my frame, period, no others and that one lined up and enabled me to bolt it up on that side and then clamp the other side and drill the remaining 5 bolt holes and mount it,totally bolt on, do get some of those threaded bolt wires for fishing bolts through that come with trailer hitches makes it a pretty easy job.
the hitch has a 9k line pull weight which will cover me for whatever im going to do, im not going to Rubicon or Everest anytime soon
no one makes a direct bolt on front hitch for a newer chevy van, no one.
this was the easiest option with minimal welding to get a bolt on hitch, so if you ever have to take it off to fix or replace something else you can do so.

Dstudda13

I solved my own problem.
I got a metal shop to bend up a winch mount plate and two tow points that got welded to the frame.
A little cutting on the bumper and I'm much more comfortable off road and alone now.

It cost about $200 for the steel parts, same price as buying plate at the metal supermarket.

I did have to cut the round cross member off to fit the winch and I cut back some of the metal bumper supports as well.

The whole thing took a day in my buddy's shop.
I have no idea what effect this will have on proper operation of my air bag crash sensor, but they will still work and the sensor is probably an accelerometer anyway.

If you aren't interested in a winch, the tow points would be an easy add on with minimal cutting.View attachment 591752View attachment 591752

View attachment 591750View attachment 591751

where did you find the two recovery points? I tried doing this a while ago and got a crazy quote from the shop. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz