Expovans Transit 4x4 Conversions

familyvan

Adventurer
Mg,
I don't want to be to pushy here but was wondering if you have another official update coming out soon?
Thanks!

torqluvas

Observer
285-75-16s (~33" x 11.5" wide tire)
View attachment 402180

Man, Rob I really like the look of your Transit with only the slider door window. What trim level is this called to have no window in the pass rear? I think Sprinters call it a crew model or somethin. Thanx.
I dont know why the picture sometimes shows and others it doesnt. Dam!

Last edited:

torqluvas

Observer
I realize this thread is more about our 4x4 system but I don't remember if I have a build thread for this rig or not. Been working feverishly to get an interior put together for a trip we're taking this month. The design was all CAD'd up, lots of laser and forming and finally starting to put things together. Here are some teaser shots of our bench/bed combo (and the floor system I've been working on for a while too). Upholstery is in process...

View attachment 427996View attachment 427997

The folding motion of the bed is smooth and awesome; locks into place in both bench and bed positions for saftey. Really happy with how it's turning out. Total size (with additional bed panels in the back) is 52x80. I'm going to use this seat design in a couple upcoming E-series build outs as well.

That looks like stainless but I'm really hopin its aluminum. Which is it? Regardless, finally something not made of wood for these vans!
I googled expovans transit interior, see if I could find out more info. Didnt find the answer but I did find this picture under #transitvan
26321870_144991592887603_6850593787694022656_n.jpg

Looking dam nice!

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
That looks like stainless but I'm really hopin its aluminum. Which is it? Regardless, finally something not made of wood for these vans!
I googled expovans transit interior, see if I could find out more info. Didnt find the answer but I did find this picture under #transitvan
26321870_144991592887603_6850593787694022656_n.jpg

Looking dam nice!

It’s aluminum. MG did stainless countertops in the SEMA van build, but this pic is just of the structural skeleton. Go to Expovans.com and email him to get on his newsletter updates. He is super busy right now with both clients and design/fab work, so I don’t know how much he is on ExPo lately.

Brad

Last edited:

torqluvas

Observer
It's aluminum. MG has did stainless countertops in the SEMA van build, but this pic is just of the structural skeleton. Go to Expovans.com and email him to get on his newsletter updates. He is super busy right now with both clients and design/fab work, so I don't know how much he is on ExPo lately.

Brad

Wow dam sweet.
Subscribd to newsletter thanx for the suggestion.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
When's the last time a newsletter update went out? I haven't gotten anything since August. I don't know if he's just been too busy or if there's some technical issue.

No technical issues...other than technically there are not enough hours in a day for me any more. ;) I know it's been a long time since updates but I wanted to have some of the prototype parts in and tested so I could have something interesting to say other than "still working on it"...

I have an update written up but I've decided to add a little bit more due to some recent findings. I'll send it out in the next day or so. There is some juicy goodness in this one for sure.

No technical issues...other than technically there are not enough hours in a day for me any more. ;) I know it's been a long time since updates but I wanted to have some of the prototype parts in and tested so I could have something interesting to say other than "still working on it"...

I have an update written up but I've decided to add a little bit more due to some recent findings. I'll send it out in the next day or so. There is some juicy goodness in this one for sure.

Bump. Any updates?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles