ExPo's 2000 7.3 Excursion Build

jluck

Adventurer
Funny how people get wrapped up in overpriced leaf spring options when a factory coil swap is so easy and inexpensive with better ride out of the box than the best leafs and only better from there....

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Nice to see a big truck getting built. I miss my old Super Duty. So much room in a full size rig, and if you put a good suspension, tires, and lockers, they will go most anywhere they will fit. Well, except for places their weight will work against them. I ran dual ARB air lockers and 35s and off road travel was never a problem, except for once I broke through the ice everyone else drove over.

Here is my old beast, RIP.

I'm sure your OME springs will ride much better that stock, even my Pro Comp springs were (slightly) better.

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
Funny how people get wrapped up in overpriced leaf spring options when a factory coil swap is so easy and inexpensive with better ride out of the box than the best leafs and only better from there....

links to do this??? i totally would!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back woods

Observer
Kill 2 birds with one stone. Radius arm swap and get rid of the Dana 50 for a 60 with radius arms. Usually can be found pretty cheap and are ultra strong. The Dana 50 isnt bad though it can take a licking.

justbecause

perpetually lost
links to do this??? i totally would!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did search and found a few people saying "yea i did it, it was easy" -no pictures/proof-
found the 7 thousand dollar conversion kit on desert rat, which is also an 8 inch lift! no thanks....

I read about the swap about a year ago and had lots of information saved about swapping to the f450 front end with coils for improved turning radius but never found anything resembling an inexpensive option...

Boz

Observer
I did search and found a few people saying "yea i did it, it was easy" -no pictures/proof-
found the 7 thousand dollar conversion kit on desert rat, which is also an 8 inch lift! no thanks....

I read about the swap about a year ago and had lots of information saved about swapping to the f450 front end with coils for improved turning radius but never found anything resembling an inexpensive option...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1381009-05-super-duty-axle-swap-write-up.html
Pictures here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/108989458@N03/sets/72157651248480674/with/17998295640/

This is on my short list for my 05 Excursion.

elpoffroad

Adventurer
Well everyone I planned to get proper photos, but the schedule was moved up so it looks like those will have to wait. For now a cell shot and a little preview ;)

:Wow1: that looks great...now got me thinking of lifting mine and swapping to 35s. Did you have to do anything extra to the drivetrain after the lift was done?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Nothing to the drivetrain but i did have to disconnect the sway bars. 4.5 is too much for them to handle. Ill be replacing the end links at some point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles