ExPo's 2000 7.3 Excursion Build

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanks everyone! These Falken MTs ride great and are insanely quiet for their design. Cant wait to see how they do off-road. Right now they dont rub due to height, but thanks to the offset on the stock wheels. Im about to do the unspeakable... run spacers. After talking with someone running a 7.3 f250 with a full expedition load in central america, i feel confident the spacers he is using will hold up when properly mounted. Ill be pushing them 1" out to prevent rubbing the leaf springs

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Ill be running an old man emu suspension again. I did consider switching things up, but I love how effective and reliable their lifts are. I dont drive fast enough for an ICON lift or something similar to make sense. We shall see, maybe some day Ill switch over, but the more complicated the lift the harder to replace parts.

For spacers ill be running Boras. Highly recommended from friends and USA made. I spoke to the owner before making the purchase and im excited to see how they do. The $400 hurt a little, but I guess that's $400 back into the economy and a family owned pocket

jluck

Adventurer
Why not bolt on a 05+ superduty front axle? Easy swap and many (all better) suspension options...not to mention the strength improvements with the Dana 60 under coils.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Why not bolt on a 05+ superduty front axle? Easy swap and many (all better) suspension options...not to mention the strength improvements with the Dana 60 under coils.

Is it as easy as literally bolting it on? No welding, cutting, etc.?

jluck

Adventurer
Absolutely! Holes already in frame and everything. Very easy swap and less costly than a suspension lift for a excursion if you shop around.

elpoffroad

Adventurer
OME suspension is a great choice. I'm thinking of getting some Alcan springs made for my excursion but first dual batteries and ARB awning.

RPhil

Adventurer
Nice! I am actually leaning towards treating myself to an 05+ grill and headlights as well for Christmas. Good choice- it really updates the front end. Where did you get yours from?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Nice! I am actually leaning towards treating myself to an 05+ grill and headlights as well for Christmas. Good choice- it really updates the front end. Where did you get yours from?

I bought mine from sinister diesel and then had it painted at maaco. The gril was just over 100 i think and the paint job cost 75. It does come in black so you dont HAVE to paint it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles