ExPo's 2000 7.3 Excursion Build

weberjeff

I'm in on following the build. I'm always in the midst of some small mod on mine. Suspension was second to motor mods on mine. I look forward to seeing what the backend looks like. Here is my 03 6.0 "Big Red" next to the family 5th gen 4 Runner. Red has been hauling the family all over the west with our trailer since 2011. Next upgrade will be steering.
f29e8470340a6a71f8a42334d2cbb770.jpg

SexyExy

Observer
Please post up detailed pictures of the Rhino Rack system and how they attach it to the Ex.....thinking a Pioneer rack is in my future so perfect timing.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Any progress on the storage platform?

Yeah I screwed it up hahaha. It was looking really good until I realized that the third row doesn't allow for ANYTHING under the seat even when the brackets arent impeded. Guess ill be doing a multi section platform :oops:

5HUB

Observer
I'll have to get a newer bumper to fit body lines and alter mounting brackets, that's why I need to make sure I get something
I really like.

Adrian2

Could you please post more pictures of the roof rack and how it is attached? Will it support a roof top tent with people in it? How much weight can it hold?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Ill go snap some more photos now. In terms of weight capacities it's in the same range as any other rack. A tent two people and gear will go up there no problem. Hell I weight 250lbs and stood on the very edge of the rack without it even bending or creaking.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
So one of the really cool things about this rack is it uses detachable feet, meaning you can take it on and off at will. i feel this would be especially handy for those who want to run a roof tent but dont want it on their car every day. Six turns of the key and it is all set to lift off. Luke can be seen installing the top half of the feet on the rack here. It should also be noted that all the screws are the same size and Rhino rack includes the proper tool for tightening. It is a unique shape so I recommend getting two of them if you can. Ya know, just in case somebody else happens to misplace it as we are all perfect :)

Next you measure the distance for each foot on the rack and slide the matching feet into place on the stock system.

You'll then want to mount the accessories BEFORE mounting the rack. It makes life much easier.

Finally you'll want to lift the rack onto the feet and tighten everything. It literrally just clips in and locks which is AWESOME. The lifting part is much easier with a few tall friends.

The final step is to install the awning and cover the red release levers with some snap on panels. Super easy install over all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94