Expo Trailers: Where to View, and Manufacturers List or Locations?

echo7tango

Road tripping, overlanding
Hi,

I'm a newbie and am working my way through the Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer thread. I'm currently stopped at post #601 of the 1,500 posts there and will continue later. In the end I will view every available picture in that thread.

You guys have some very nice trailers! So, a couple of questions...

Are there any shows or events where expo trailer companies display their wares? I'd love to see these creations in person. I live near San Francisco, CA, USA, so are there any opportunities near where I live? Should I be searching for RV Shows, is that where these makers exhibit? I'd be willing to drive a little bit to get to one.

I found some makers with upcoming manufacturer-specific events like the Chalet Trailers Rally at Bullards Beach State Park, Oregon, 23-27 Jul 2014. That's some 500+ miles from home and I'd consider doing it, but closer would be better.

Also, are there any manufacturers or distributers in California, Oregon or Nevada? Or a list of the main trailer makers, and then I'll find where they're located? I found AT Overland in Prescott AZ, and Jumping Jack in Salt Lake City. There's Chalet in Albany OR. But those are 600, 700, 800 miles from home.

I'm in the Researching It phase, and I would buy my expo trailer, not build one. My tow caribou is a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the diesel engine.

Thanks.

Box Rocket

The Overland Expo over the weekend of May-16-18 will probably have lots of trailers you could look at.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I think you could check with the Expo and they could tell you what vendors are showing up. My guess quite a few. And there will be a lot of home grown there, that are worth the look. Some will be parked close to the expo, take your time and find something that fits what you are looking for. And if there is a significant other half, be sure it fits their guidelines to.

A lot of stuff to see at the Expo no question.

Doubtful you will find anything close to the numbers anywhere else.

echo7tango

Expo! Thanks for the tip everyone, but unfortunately I'll be out of town that weekend. So I'll have to miss it. Darn.

I'll keep my eye out for events, and maybe an upcoming RV & Boat Show might have some expo trailers.

Thanks for all your tips, and yeah skersfan, I definitely have to coordinate plans and get approval from my commanding officer. She issues all my marching orders!

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
You may want to check out Northwest Overland Rally http://http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/ coming up June 26-29 as another venue to see trailers up close if the OVX date is not working for you. AT Overland will be in attendance, Kakadu Camping and I think VMI. This will allow you to compare different brands side by side.

echo7tango

Thanks, Mario. Those dates work for me. I'll keep an eye on their site to see if more details fill in about the event. There's not a lot there now, not even a listing of companies that will go, at least not that I could find.

That's a 900-mile drive but would take me past some of my favorite places, Crater Lake and the Channeled Scablands, so would be a good trip.

I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks again.

echo7tango

Thanks, Mario. Those dates work for me. I'll keep an eye on their site to see if more details fill in about the event. There's not a lot there now, not even a listing of companies that will go, at least not that I could find.

That's a 900-mile drive but would take me past some of my favorite places, Crater Lake and the Channeled Scablands, so would be a good trip.

I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks again.

I found The Official 2014 NW Overland Rally Thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior