Exploring our way around Oregon

We're making a run along the coast from San Diego to Port Angeles,Wa in late September. Students should be in school and high pressure should keep the sun out we hope. Really a beautiful state.

Late September is one of my favorite times here, especially on the east side of the cascades the weather is epic and there aren’t all of the tourists!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2711fb450e6e76be706cdf2fdc4298cf.jpg

Currently packing to head out tomorrow to our local 4x4 access only lake for some kayaking and fishing.

Can you elaborate more on these conservation projects? My girlfriend and I both have jobs that afford us a significant amount of time off, and we love working hard outdoors.

The two we took part in this year I found out about through the backcountry hunters association Facebook page. Both were data collection, one was for ODFW sage grouse counting, the other a private group WAFLS which was the owl counting. Both are a 1-2 time a year in the spring event.

Dog (and wife) visited me at work. It has been a particularly long couple weeks with lots of overtime but we are leaving town tomorrow for several nights again.

We are also almost done editing our video from our last trip to central Oregon.

253c3b720343d223f0c88799238a2feb.jpg

New video, we spend 4 days trying to find the best camp site in Central Oregon. We encounter locked gates, dead ends and human feces!

cnskate

Adventurer
Hole in the Ground near Fort Rock is actually a pretty cool spot to spend an evening. Found it on iOverlander.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles