Exploring New Hampshire by Dirt!

RJ Howell

Been doing 3day exploration runs around my Home state by mostly dirt. Working up a few runs that are 75-85% dirt (can't always stay off the tar..). One run goes up to the tip of the State (Manchester/Pittsburg) and another is East/West (New Boston/Unity) in southern NH. Rigs with higher clearance than I (I have a 4wd camper) would enjoy many of the Class 6 roads I've passed on, yet several Class 6 are great for me to travel over.

New Hampshire has many seasonal roads, back roads, woods roads as well as Class 6 roads to be enjoyed. If you're in my area, give me a shout! Happy to bring you along for a run!

Over Cobb Hill Several more videos to enjoy and hopefully entice you to visit my home state! Byways no Highways / Playlist

RJ Howell

The NH foliage is burst with color just south of Pittsburg! We ran a loop out of Grafton Maine, over the logging roads (Parmachenee, east branch dead river, past Garfield Falls, to the overlook at Diamond Ridge), then down to Colebrook and over through Dixville Notch.

Spectacular!

Here's some footage of the Grafton Notch into Pittsburg for ya. Still uploading other sections and will be added shortly.
Byways no Highways Foliage 2020 pt5

RJ Howell

All 8 parts of the run are up now. I have two short clips of my wife behind the wheel in part 6 as we came off the Overlook. Today we head out again to another route I have planned for foliage season. I'll post those as we return. Part 8 has a new area for us, crossing over Foss Mountain and through the Shepherd Tracts into Maine. That section will be bursting with color by this weekend I suspect!

Don't wait much longer! Get on out there and enjoy!

Byways no Highways

LanceMagnum

Hi RJ, thanks very much for posting these - I've been checking out the foliage via dirt roads in NH recently as well and I'm going to try some of your routes this weekend.

FYI to view the gpx files in the YT discussion tab I needed to select sort by 'Newest First', 'Top Comments' looks like it's suppressing the comments with dropbox links (at least at the moment)

smlobx

Wanderer
I’m originally from NH and was there last weekend but not in our overlanding rig. NH is a beautiful state in the fall as long as you can avoid all the tourists on places like the Kang.!

RJ Howell

Hi RJ, thanks very much for posting these - I've been checking out the foliage via dirt roads in NH recently as well and I'm going to try some of your routes this weekend.

FYI to view the gpx files in the YT discussion tab I needed to select sort by 'Newest First', 'Top Comments' looks like it's suppressing the comments with dropbox links (at least at the moment)

Interesting to hear! Did you get the files?

RJ Howell

I’m originally from NH and was there last weekend but not in our overlanding rig. NH is a beautiful state in the fall as long as you can avoid all the tourists on places like the Kang.!

LOL! I also avoid those touristy spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior