ExploreDesert: El Paso Mountains & Mining District

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Amazing pics!

Were there any property caretakers there? I would LOVE to have that Ford tractor in my yard as some yard art!

1MK

ExploreDesert
Amazing pics!

Were there any property caretakers there? I would LOVE to have that Ford tractor in my yard as some yard art!

Thanks!

Yes, there are on-site care takers at Bickel's Camp. Unfortunately all of the other areas do not and you can see that by the way people have destroyed them over the years.

1MK

ExploreDesert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, not sure how to decipher that one. I'm going to give them benefit of the doubt that maybe it was unintentionally phrased. Just spacing those two sentences out on different lines would have read different, but it'd hard not to view it as "people watching over that stuff? I'd like to go grab that tractor for my yard".

With that being said, it should also go without saying that DON'T TAKE ANYTHING, DON'T SHOOT ANYTHING, DON'T KNOCK OVER ANYTHING, DON'T DESTROY ANYTHING.

I've never been able to wrap my mind around why people think it's OK to do so...

Just think about how preserved these places would all be if people exercised respect on our public lands...

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Thanks!

Yes, there are on-site care takers at Bickel's Camp. Unfortunately all of the other areas do not and you can see that by the way people have destroyed them over the years.
Yeah it's unfortunate people think its okay to destroy history like that

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Recently discovered your blog. I enjoy your writing style and outlook on the places you've shared. Photos aren't too shabby either. ;)(y)

Reactions: 1MK

barongan

awesome trip,thanks for posting
o.png

Good to see you back and thanks for the reports. Perhaps a quick write-up on the new vehicle, either here or your blog site. I’m also driving a long wheelbase vehicle.

1MK

ExploreDesert
That is a very interesting and informative trip report. I am going to go and look that area over.

Thank you.

Thanks for reading. Definitely a cool area with all the history.

awesome trip,thanks for posting
o.png

Thanks!

Good to see you back and thanks for the reports. Perhaps a quick write-up on the new vehicle, either here or your blog site. I’m also driving a long wheelbase vehicle.

No problem, appreciate you taking the time to follow along.

I do plan on updating the vehicle section as quite a bit has changed. After coming from the mini Tacoma bed, the long bed sure is nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles