ExploreDesert - Death Valley - Saratoga Springs to Eureka Dunes

1MK

ExploreDesert
Finally over the last obstacle and around the following turn, the Eureka Dunes come into view. The second tallest in North America. In a way, this trip was created to see them. Months of research, planning, preparation and a few days of execution paid off. After seeing them from afar, it was time to get up close and have ourselves some lunch, what was left after the donkeys anyways...

Photo Credit – David Plueger Photography

Finished up lunch and started our journey home. Another epic adventure with amazing friends.

Death Valley, we will be back...

Last edited:

cw90yj47

Observer
Morning ..... Very good write-up ... Love the pictures.... I'm a little bummed ... Was suppose to have been in the monument this past weekend...Hope to get up their right after Easter.......Have a great day CW

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Amazing Pictures and an awesome trip report. Reports like this make me want to move out west.... :smiley_drive:

smlobx

Wanderer
Great write up.
We were just there but it was our first time. You've given us an idea of new areas to explore on our next trip because there will be another trip even if we're 2500 miles away.

DesertXJ

Observer
GPS

Awesome trip report and pictures, We (my son and I) are heading to DV in a day or two, it's our first time there, so we'd like to see some of the cabins and mining areas etc. Do you happen to have any GPS tracks or waypoints you could share to help us and others out
Thanks in advance

1MK

ExploreDesert
Morning ..... Very good write-up ... Love the pictures.... I'm a little bummed ... Was suppose to have been in the monument this past weekend...Hope to get up their right after Easter.......Have a great day CW

Thanks! I'd be bummed too, it's a great area. Hope you ended up getting a chance!

Great trip report! Thanks for posting.

Appreciate it! Thanks for reading.

Great trip report and awesome pics. I love my Tepui...just sayin. :)

Thank you. We love our Tepui's too. They've served us well and haven't had any issues throughout all they've been through.

Amazing Pictures and an awesome trip report. Reports like this make me want to move out west.... :smiley_drive:

Thanks. Definitely fortunate to live out this way. So much to explore and offers diverse terrain. Road trip!

Great write up.
We were just there but it was our first time. You've given us an idea of new areas to explore on our next trip because there will be another trip even if we're 2500 miles away.

Awesome! It takes multiple trips to get close to exploring all the area has to offer. We already can't wait to get back.

Awesome trip report and pictures, We (my son and I) are heading to DV in a day or two, it's our first time there, so we'd like to see some of the cabins and mining areas etc. Do you happen to have any GPS tracks or waypoints you could share to help us and others out
Thanks in advance

Thank you. Hope you and your son made it out there and had a great time. I don't share my GPS files, but I'd be more then happy to point you in the right direction. Let me know if you need help for future trips.

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for taking the time to read along our adventure.

Great report, phenomenal photography. Looks like quite the adventure!

Thank you!

Great report, makes me jealous. Thanks for sharing.

I appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

m3pedro

Observer
awesome trip! great photos....been wanting to do death valley for a long time....

Do you have the gps track? would you share?

justcuz

Explorer
Nice write up and great pictures.
Did you guys spot the penguin and the bathtub in the Steele Pass area?
I can never get enough of DV, diverse and beautiful is all I can say.

1MK

ExploreDesert
awesome trip! great photos....been wanting to do death valley for a long time....

Do you have the gps track? would you share?

Thank you. Death Valley is great and should be at the top of everyone's list.

While I do have the gps map, I do not share at this time. Beyond our tracks is a vast amount of POI's and additional routes that has taken countless hours to research, find and layout. It's sort of like my off-road treasure map/diary at this point, haha.

Nice write up and great pictures.
Did you guys spot the penguin and the bathtub in the Steele Pass area?
I can never get enough of DV, diverse and beautiful is all I can say.

Thanks!

We didn't stop at the bathtub unfortunately. We we're pressed for time as it was Sunday and had a long drive home, so we were saving time where we could.

I agree, DV is absolutely stunning in how diverse it is.

I appreciate everyone's kind words.

Stryder106

Explorer
Hi - great write up and photos as many others have mentioned. We have done Death Valley camping and hiking (the most offroad was Race Track and that gawdawful washboard). Having said that, the 33 miles (each way) of washboard was the catalyst for modifying my Chevy Avalanche and starting us in our overlanding-expeditioning-exploring mode - so there is that benefit from it. With that said, Are you guys a group? Are you from SoCal? We are from Riverside and are looking for a group to go out with (mostly Jeep clubs around us) and explore the desert and other areas.

Also - do you know the brand on the fuel cans and fuel can holder on the Tacoma? Looking to fab a similar swingout assembly on the back of my Avalanche and like that fuel can arrangement.

Many thanks and please let me know. We are always alone and looking for folks who like to do what we do (not rock crawling - LOL!!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier