Expensive V10 SMB

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
A '97 Airstream B190 just sold on the B190 site that had a negotiable price listed at $19K. The sold post says vehicle is next headed to UJOR for a 4WD conversion which starts at around 20k depending on a few specifics and average at ~$25k.
I bought a SMB new in '03, and was very disappointed in the quality of the workmanship.
If I was gonna go this route again, I would definitely go with the Airstream over the SMB.
Ditto. Chris says most conversions run 20-25K not including extras.

Also, check out Badger Trek and the problems they discovered in their SMB. Water lines outside the insulation to name one. Reading their site prompted me to build out my own.

They were nice enough to answer some questions when i started my build.

86scotty

Cynic
Also, check out Badger Trek and the problems they discovered in their SMB. Water lines outside the insulation to name one. Reading their site prompted me to build out my own.

Wow, I remember them. I had forgotten. They were doing this way before it was cool. I couldn't agree more. Lots of informative stuff there.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Ditto. Chris says most conversions run 20-25K not including extras.

Yep, I remember them.
The SMB Time in my life is over and done with, and I have moved on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier