Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

Timothynaustin

Observer
No problem been here 40 odd years will still b here next LOL
Email and phone number will not change so if you get here give us a Buzz Mate.
Take care and good luck with the current Expedition.
Following you all very closely and enjoying it all.
PS used to work in Cool room here in Tassie at -40 Ears freeze in under 5 mins without Proper Head gear you are Amazing us here with your Arctic trip and the planning process must Be considerably complicated Take care Our Prayers are with you all. :)

PPS to all the people pushing for more updates just a tip.
The 5 P,s
Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
In Antarctica Preparation = Survival :)
God Bless Not trying to provoke anybody just been Outdoors for over 40 years and can Appreciate proper Preparation, in the Bush up the mountains in the Sea and up rivers, Mother Nature needs tpo B appreciated as well as Respected.
Our Scout moto. B Prepared.
Better 2 Have it and not need it than to need it and not have it :)

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Another expedition that we will be interfacing with near the pole. We expect to encounter the skier and support vehicle a few hundred KMs into our drive past the South Pole towards the Ross Ice Shelf. Gear Patrol did a nice piece on him here:
http://gearpatrol.com/2013/11/21/30-minutes-parker-liautaud/
30-Mins-Parker-Liautaud-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
We have arrived safe in Cape Town with the VDJ78, and have it staged with ALCI / TAC at the airport. Tomorrow, we will bolt on the 38s and start sorting through the gear. It is getting real. . .

1450824_10152384749558275_1215191130_n.jpg

Boost Creep

Adventurer
i've probably missed it in the thread somewhere but is there a build thread on here somewhere of the land cruisers?

good luck with your journeys

Scott Brady

Founder
Sounds like a very interesting exercise though.

It has been extremely rewarding, and we have gathered reams of data and contacts that we plan to share freely with the community once the trip wraps. Just not enough time during the trip to relay all of the particulars.

Scott Brady

Founder
An extremely productive day, including getting the AT405 38s installed on the Land Cruiser and the Hilux pulled from the container and staged. Chris Collard also landed about 10:30 and helped Paul and I get everything finished. After installing the 38s, we were relieved that everything fit and the truck actually turned sharper than expected.

1459092_10152387556628275_27636265_n.jpg

The E7 vehicle team. I dig the red of the AT44 Hilux.

1426651_10152387569203275_686554771_n.jpg

Getting the Hilux out of the container was no easy task, but relieved that it fired immediately and had no issues on initial inspection.

1476590_10152387577403275_776133305_n.jpg

Definitely the Dr. Jekyll mode. It is such a relief that everything fit and worked as planned. Only waiting on the custom fiberglass fenders, which will be finished up sometime early next week.

haven

Expedition Leader
The Walk for the Wounded charity has several teams gathering in Antarctica for a 200 mile ski race to the South Pole. The race includes several nights camping in tents with temps as low as -50F. Teams from the UK, USA, Canada! and Australia are competing. Britain's Prince Harry is participating. Give the teams a wave if your paths cross!

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Doesn't look bad with those 38's on. You guys are going to have a lot of fun! I'm envious of an opportunity like that!

Scott Brady

Founder
The Walk for the Wounded charity has several teams gathering in Antarctica for a 200 mile ski race to the South Pole. The race includes several nights camping in tents with temps as low as -50F. Teams from the UK, USA, Canada! and Australia are competing. Britain's Prince Harry is participating. Give the teams a wave if your paths cross!

We will encounter their team around Lat 89, and will be flying back from Novo with them. A good organization.

coax

Adventurer
Here are the tires! 38x15.5 AT405 tires from Arctic Trucks. Specially designed for snow and arctic travel.
E7_AT38_%20(3).jpg

I'd love a set of those in a 35". Like the lug spacing on the side which would be really nice for deeper and/or slushy snow. Don't think I can fit 38's though :)

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
The vehicles are looking Arctic ready. Good work on the VDJ78. Do I see a move to "Adventure red" for the future vehicles post E7? That may be sacrilege!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles