Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

unURBAN

Adventurer
Looking slightly more organized than in my hotel room.... :) We're being picked up in about one hour to go to the airport in Punta Arenas. I hope to be at the Pole early December. See you on the "road"!

Drive safe and stay out of the crevasses...
Espen

Scott Brady

Founder
Looking slightly more organized than in my hotel room.... :) We're being picked up in about one hour to go to the airport in Punta Arenas. I hope to be at the Pole early December. See you on the "road"!

Drive safe and stay out of the crevasses...
Espen

Be safe Espen. Pretty good chance we will bump into each other.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
I'd probably have my drinking bottle and urine bottle different sizes, just in case:)

Different shape, size, texture, material, colour and might even put a nice red led on it just in case. That's one bottle you don't want to confuse. Then again, it would not kill you and make for a great side story...:sombrero:

Scott Brady

Founder
The container with the AT44 Hilux has arrived in Cape Town and along with it the wheels and AT405 38" tires for the VDJ78. The modifications are well in progress on the Land Cruiser and the tires are now fitted to the rear. A bit more work to the front, including some custom-wound 120mm OME coils and longer shocks. We will also need to do a bumper trim and some serious bump stop'age to ensure the monster tires don't "rework" the fenders.

I will be in Jo'burg tomorrow, and off to the races to finish the last minute details. Will post images soon.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
The container with the AT44 Hilux has arrived in Cape Town and along with it the wheels and AT405 38" tires for the VDJ78. The modifications are well in progress on the Land Cruiser and the tires are now fitted to the rear. A bit more work to the front, including some custom-wound 120mm OME coils and longer shocks. We will also need to do a bumper trim and some serious bump stop'age to ensure the monster tires don't "rework" the fenders.

I will be in Jo'burg tomorrow, and off to the races to finish the last minute details. Will post images soon.

Good luck to you and the team. We are all watching anxiously!

Timothynaustin

Observer
Very well put Cheers :)
I appreciate any updates and photos from any trip that is shared keep safe folks and all wheels to the ground, mud, snow and bitumen Amen :)

Timothynaustin

Observer
If u r in Tasmania give us a call 0403424147 or email at timothynaustin@hotmail.com.
WOuld love to show you some of our Island or if you just need Mech help or clean up of vehicle People or Personal clobber, cobber.
Have lived here for over 40 years with 30 being into bush walkiing camping and 4x4ing.
Just drop us a line and you will be more than welcome. :)
Stay safe fellow Treckers.

zimm

Expedition Leader
so youre gonna beta test a new suspension in progress......

measure twice, cut once, fella.

Scott Brady

Founder
so youre gonna beta test a new suspension in progress......

That seems to be life as of late. Fortunately, this is all stuff we worked with ARB engineers on and is pretty standard fare. First +100mm springs for a cruiser from OME and long shocks to match. . .

Scott Brady

Founder
If u r in Tasmania give us a call 0403424147 or email at timothynaustin@hotmail.com.
WOuld love to show you some of our Island or if you just need Mech help or clean up of vehicle People or Personal clobber, cobber.
Have lived here for over 40 years with 30 being into bush walkiing camping and 4x4ing.
Just drop us a line and you will be more than welcome. :)
Stay safe fellow Treckers.

Thanks Timothy!

I was planning to hit Taz this year, but will need to wait until next. We are thinking of doing a Cape York to Tasmania trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles