Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey some of the best trip reports on Advrider have guys staying in great little hotels/hostels in Central & South America...small towns with family run operations are way cool.

I am just amazing at how fast they are moving around North America and I hope they get to slow down at some point and enjoy the journey.

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
Landroverholic said:
I fly to the UK from Australia next week to pick up my Landy

Good luck and smooth travels, Callum. Dead jealous. I look forward to reading your adventures, do you have a blog or are you going to post here? (if you are documenting it). Between you and Shane/The Rover Shop you guys are going to make for inspiring Aussies in Rovers reading. And coupled with Expeditions 7 our cup runneth over with world travelling.

Excellent.

Humphrey

anthonycds

Adventurer
We blew through Illinois last night, sorry man!

WTH? You guys are flyin'! I must've read your fb entry wrong as the dates you posted are probably on your way back to AZ?

I was going to see about getting some local Expo'ers together and greet you guys.

AFSOC

Explorer
I am just amazing at how fast they are moving around North America and I hope they get to slow down at some point and enjoy the journey.

X2 At this sprinters pace, the title of the thread would more appropriately be, Expeditions 7: Two Months Around the World on all Seven Continents. :hehe:

Relax guys there's more to experience on planet earth than just a series of photo ops...yes, even in North America. I'm afraid you'll end up missing the subtleties and experiences of travel that make RTW journeys epic, life changing achievements. You've invested lots of resources and hours, planning and outfitting and have given yourselves two years to finish. Don't just get caught up in collecting destinations and passport stamps. Please consider throttling back the pace enough to collect the enriching experiences that will avail themselves.

Have a great time, I look forward to following you all along the way. :clapsmile

haven

Expedition Leader
Matt said something somewhere about needing to make a date in Chicago [wrong, it was Detroit]...maybe an airplane reservation? Hence the Sea to Shining Sea Trophy Dash.

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
I'd also assume they've done most of the roads they'll be covering in the US: filmed 'em, driven 'em and blogged/written about 'em, and where the culture is, well, what you all know already, so the haste will be to hit a couple of early deadlines (ExPo etc.) and get outta the US where the adventure travel aspects of the journey really begin...(?)

boozewz

Observer
I'd also assume they've done most of the roads they'll be covering in the US: filmed 'em, driven 'em and blogged/written about 'em, and where the culture is, well, what you all know already, so the haste will be to hit a couple of early deadlines (ExPo etc.) and get outta the US where the adventure travel aspects of the journey really begin...(?)

Hear hear....

MattScott

Approved Vendor
WTH? You guys are flyin'! I must've read your fb entry wrong as the dates you posted are probably on your way back to AZ?

I was going to see about getting some local Expo'ers together and greet you guys.

I'll be in Chicago June 1-3rd, in between flying from Cape Spear to Prescott, let's get some guys together!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
It is my understanding that the run to Alaska was not initially planned - hence the fast track back and forth. Overland Expo being in the middle also made the schedule tighter but the team really wanted to attend with the trucks.

I believe the pace will slow down once they reach Iceland.

Scott Brady

Founder
I really hope you guys get a chance to slow down and really see things...

Lance,

This is the second time you have commented about our pace. What is the longest trip you have done, both in miles and time?

Why does it matter how fast or far we drive per day in our own country. We are just transiting the trucks to the east coast to meet the container ship.

We are traveling in North America, our home continent, so there is less motivation to dwell and go slow. We have a very mellow pace planned for the other continents. I am spending months in France alone. . .

Maybe stop with the Monday morning quarterbacking until you see the trip unfold a bit?

Thanks

Scott Brady

Founder

Exactly!

It is a two year trip. We are just having some fun and doing a few shake-down runs in North America.

Scott Brady

Founder
We left Detroit this morning after a fantastic day in Motor City. This included a great meal at Pizza Biga with Camilo Pardo and a few other industry folks. It is good to see the general optimism with the Ford and Jeep teams - GM, not so much.

After dinner, we toured Camilo's studio in downtown Detroit. What an amazing place and incredible artist. Camillo also produced a stunning painting of the E7 trucks about a month ago.
camilo_pardo_.jpg

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
We are just transiting the trucks to the east coast to meet the container ship.

Hi Scott,

Are there any special logistics involved in shipping vehicles from Canada to Iceland? Curious minds (both mine) want to know...

(For years my mind has been mulling over this: Ride the Trans-Labrador highway, ship the bike from St. John's, meet it sometime later in Iceland and ride around for a while, ferry the bike to Europe and stash it in the UK for a subsequent trip starting from there sometime later. Other than shipping costs, the only downside seems to be the allure of buying a bike in Europe that isn't available here!)

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles