Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Where do the video shooter/driver sleep?

I think it would be really cool & helpful to see some "everyday life/camp" stills that show how everyone camps/cooks/sleeps/hygiene and such using the 3 vehicles.

So many of the media trips spend all the time on the rigs in motion or someone talking and very little gets shown of camp life, cooking, unpacking/packing each day, sleeping setup and all that. The real meat & potatoes stuff :)

Oh Lance, you and your ideas - I'll put something together while I'm on the road.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Where do the video shooter/driver sleep?

I think it would be really cool & helpful to see some "everyday life/camp" stills that show how everyone camps/cooks/sleeps/hygiene and such using the 3 vehicles.

So many of the media trips spend all the time on the rigs in motion or someone talking and very little gets shown of camp life, cooking, unpacking/packing each day, sleeping setup and all that. The real meat & potatoes stuff :)

That is a great idea! That would make it all the more real instead of just "gee whiz" glamour shots.

I'll venture out on a limb and say.... X3.

I know the meat and taters part will likely show up on other venues (OJ, videos, etc) but we'd like to see some of it here too, guys!

anthonycds

Adventurer
i.am.subscribed.
I hope to catch you guys when you reach Chicagoland. Thank you for the outstanding reports and photos!

Tony

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I'm a little confused about the timing of things. Can you post up dates within your articles of when you are wherever you are? I saw one vehicle (in the photos) at the Overland Expo, but it appears that the team was driving on east at the same time. Its just a little hard to plot out the progress in my head.

Edit: just read this:
It's been an interesting last two days to say the least, since starting our adventure at Overland Expo, we've driven nearly halfway across the country with only minimal delay no serious issues....

I think I get it now.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I really hope you guys get a chance to slow down and really see things...
The time from Alaska to Moab to the Overland Expo and now to the East Coast is painfully short and really looks breakneck.

It almost seems counter overlanding culture as the ability to slow down and see remote backcountry areas is why most of us build our rigs and travel.

At least you got to get into a little dirt in Colorado but 16hr days after that would suck.

I am looking forward to updates and further adventures.

Landroverholic

Observer
Can I ask what your plans are for refilling propane/butane gas tanks in Russia/Mongolia?

Do you just plan to try and refill your existing tanks or replace them as you go splicing the hose to fit to the stove? Risky I know but still possible.

Thanks for the photos and updates.

I fly to the UK from Australia next week to pick up my Landy and if I had half a brain I could have gone 'the other way round' and made it to the Overland Expo. Doh!

Callum

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
I really hope you guys get a chance to slow down and really see things...
The time from Alaska to Moab to the Overland Expo and now to the East Coast is painfully short and really looks breakneck.

It almost seems counter overlanding culture as the ability to slow down and see remote backcountry areas is why most of us build our rigs and travel.

At least you got to get into a little dirt in Colorado but 16hr days after that would suck.

I am looking forward to updates and further adventures.

And I bet they're even sleeping in hotels! :)

EDIT: Any maybe even bed and breakfasts :gasp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles