Expedition Truck Mercedes Benz 1428AF - SOLD

exp-martin

Up for sale is a very rare Mercedes Benz 1428AF (V8 – Diesel) conversion, with an Allison Automatic Transmission. My wife and I bought the truck in early 2019 in Switzerland and started the conversion into an Expedition Mobile (ExMo) later that year with 4wheel24 in Germany. 4wheel24 is one of the most experienced ExMo builder in Europe, with experience from the Rally sport. In 2020 the truck was imported to the US, got a US title under my name. We buildout the habitat of the truck in the US. After close to 8,000 miles through the US we are going to sell this truck, since we decided to start a new ExMo project. The truck had about 23,000 miles when we bought it (37,000km) and was very well maintained. We do have most of the maintenance documents from the Swiss fire service. The truck is located in West Valley, Utah, about 10 Minutes from SLC Airport. We are asking $289,000. Although the truck is setup to our personal specs, the truck can be still further customized at the truck’s location (Utah), with a company which is specialized in Overland vehicles.

Technical specs, with all subsections are attached, or be requested with further information under:

Cell: 239-850-3663, Martin.

Thank you!

IMG_1959.jpeg
IMG_1942.jpeg
IMG_1342.jpeg
IMG_4493.jpeg
IMG_1421.jpeg

IMG_3588.jpeg
IMG_3850.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 403
  • verkauf 1428 72.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 963

in100gramm

Nice rig. Since money were not spared for this build, what would be a justification of AGM batteries vs lithium? Thank you.

exp-martin

Nice rig. Since money were not spared for this build, what would be a justification of AGM batteries vs lithium? Thank you.
Thank you! AGM vs LiFe batteries. LiFe has the better performance, AGM the better reliabilty. Here in the US, no problem, if a LiFe goes bad you get a new one quick. In South America or Africa reliability is key.

snowfall2009

Observer
Beautiful truck and living unit.
For some reason I can't open the attached pdf. Any chance you can post it again?
What year is the truck?
Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Ukdude

I really like this vehicle, and I like it a lot! But I have a couple of questions:
Who would be willing to maintain the truck?
I'm used to a 6.7 Powerstroke, so how does this 14.7 liter engine behave in terms of economy, maintenance and pulling power?

kcshoots

I really like this vehicle, and I like it a lot! But I have a couple of questions:
I'm used to a 6.7 Powerstroke, so how does this 14.7 liter engine behave in terms of economy, maintenance and pulling power?
While I have not driven this truck but have another just like it, and the owner can answer more, I can attest from having been inside the cab and camper, and next to it while it's running, it has quite an impressive sound, almost like a race truck. It's also very well put together, one of the nicest looking camper boxes and chassis integrations I have ever seen.

tonydca

The detailed engine specs are in the .pdf file OP attached.

But as a general rule-of-thumb, the OM4XX engines are to the Germans as the original 12-Valve Cummins 6BT are to Americans. Spoken of wistfully, and with liberal comments of "they don't make 'em like that anymore..."

Hugely overbuilt for their output. Capacity for massive increases to power/torque if you need to, but you won't (and shouldn't). Pulling a modern composite habitat on the back of this truck is like a Clydesdale horse carrying a couple of kids on its back. And like a Clydesdale, it'll need plenty of fuel to keep it going.

But this is as close to bulletproof as an engine can be. Not even comparable to anything recently on offer in the North American market.

Explor4

Hello. Just wondering, wasn't this truck sold earlier in the year ? Are you the second owner ? Was there problems ?
Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles