Expedition Trailer Wannabe

Lynnrb

Observer
Stuck in Aravaipa Creek. Raised single axle 5th wheel, 2 wheel drive F150. Spent the night in the creek. Next morning rode the lifeboat Honda Trail 90 out for help.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 157

scramfan01

Adventurer
Ouch!!

Great pic, and great story to laugh about (someday). reminds me of the WARN winch slogan "Go Prepared". Glad you made it out, and still have a sense of humor about it.

Lynnrb

Observer
Great pic, and great story to laugh about (someday). reminds me of the WARN winch slogan "Go Prepared". Glad you made it out, and still have a sense of humor about it.

Yes, and I never would had thought of sleeping in the creek either. It was great.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
The trailer looks pretty cool. Have any more pictures (ones not in the creek) of it and how you carry the Honda?

Don

-

Last edited:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Thanks for sharing the picture and story. What are your plans for adding recovery gear into your kit? Maybe add an ARB rear locker to help with traction issues?

TiFJ

Observer
Could be dicey in an area that flash floods... could end up floating down river even though the rain is miles away. Glad you made it safely though and you got a great pic for a "Caption This" contest.

Lynnrb

Observer
The trailer looks pretty cool. Have any more pictures (ones not in the creek) of it and how you carry the Honda?

Don

-
I carried the Honda on a front receiver hitch, maybe you can see the carrier in the truck bed. Now I have swivel wheel trailer for the KLR 250, to heavy for the front receiver. Just completed 1000 mile round trip to Death Valley with this rig.DSC_0433.JPG

Lynnrb

Observer
Thanks for sharing the picture and story. What are your plans for adding recovery gear into your kit? Maybe add an ARB rear locker to help with traction issues?

Yes, I should install a locking dif, I have a small winch on the front, but there was no place to anchor it in the creek. Plus I have LRE 80 lbs tires. hard as bricks.

Lynnrb

Observer
Could be dicey in an area that flash floods... could end up floating down river even though the rain is miles away. Glad you made it safely though and you got a great pic for a "Caption This" contest.

I got stuck on the way out. I had crossed this and several other crossing on the way in. In the end it's all about the stories.

grogie

Like to Camp
I got stuck on the way out. I had crossed this and several other crossing on the way in. In the end it's all about the stories.

Isn't that the truth, and as said in a movie, "We can laugh now because we're okay."

I have one myself that I refuse to share! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles