Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Anyone or any of the vehicles from XO going to be at Expo East? :safari-rig:
I'd like to know this as well? Would love to see them in person.
From what I heard on FB. They are getting ready to go to the expo.

You bet. Clay and myself will be there along with one of the XO 4Runners. It (we) will be located in the Equipt Expedition Outfitters booth, be sure to come by and say hello!

zscott

Adventurer
This may have been mentioned earlier, I only check in here so often but is there a reason the X-Venture Trailer has somewhat disappeared and wasn't brought along for the Central America Expedition? I am sure there are downfalls in bringing it accross many borders but I was just curious if the reasons were similar to that or if it was a sponsor thing.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
This may have been mentioned earlier, I only check in here so often but is there a reason the X-Venture Trailer has somewhat disappeared and wasn't brought along for the Central America Expedition? I am sure there are downfalls in bringing it accross many borders but I was just curious if the reasons were similar to that or if it was a sponsor thing.

Borders, ferry's, secure parking, etc. No sponsorship variables to my knowledge.

ecgreen

I was wondering if I could ask a question about your 2001 tacoma build. I have looked all over and not found anything on it. Clay, what was your reason for the 235/85 tire choice on the 2001 tacoma? Was it sufficient for your travels? Where there times you wished you had chosen a different tire - 265/75? Obviously you went to 33s on this build so that says a lot, but I am still curious.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Graphics had to stay for video but they did redo it for this trip. They had little armor and hidden winches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
And I could imagine the more things actually bolted down in a vehicle the better.

Less chance of items being questioned at borders and all. I can't even imagine all the thought that went
into getting stuff in place.

I for one am looking forward to seeing which 4runner that have at Expo East....:safari-rig:

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Cool,

That's the black one right?

Lol... Either one is going to have me wanting to research a 4Runner lol...
I need to be content with my Tacoma and just get ideas to better build it for my needs. And budget "cough" "cough" :smiley_drive:

Last edited:

mvbeggs

Adventurer
ARE CX Toolbox- bottom shelf width?

...ARE Toppers is a fantastic topper company one we are stoked to be sponsored by....

...With this topper we did make some different choices though.

Other choices included:
-Utility shelf on the passenger side. This is primarily a camera man spot. Easy in and out as the camera guys are required to do this all the time.

PICS:

I have been looking at the A.R.E. CX topper for my Tacoma.

I, like you, wanted a toolbox for quick access to commonly used items and to help clean up the bed of the truck. My salesman told me the bottom width of the toolbox was only 7 5/8". It looks like yours is much wider than that. How wide is the bottom shelf in your topper's toolbox? I just can't see spending $200 for a toolbox that only provides storage that is roughly 8" wide x 14" tall.

Also, how does the toolbox attach to the topper and what supports the weight? (i.e. are there posts that go to the bed of the truck to support the toolbox?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles