Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

toyotech

Expedition Leader
The fall looked staged.. Otherwise the rest of the episode was very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Hope they don't turn into other "reality show"
The drama about the jack stand seem staged as well.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
The show said the fall was "practice" - I am not sure about the jack stand.... I would bet the guy in charge of maintenance/mechanics was tired and got upset when someone crawled under the truck with just the jack (HiLift?) I have seen several folks do it when fixing a truck in the woods, and I have even felt obligated to say something a couple of times... each time, the person was tired, it was near the end of the day and they were hurrying, I am pretty sure each also thanked me and figured a safer work environment. With the hours these guys were pushing in the show, I felt like that was what happened.... just my .02 cents.

Hey watching Season 2 right now, amazing cinematography! Love the series! Waiting for the first series to be back up and running. Would love to see ya'll elaborate or your cooking setup. Hope to meet you guys one day! Thanks for the great videos!!!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
The show said the fall was "practice" - I am not sure about the jack stand.... I would bet the guy in charge of maintenance/mechanics was tired and got upset when someone crawled under the truck with just the jack (HiLift?) I have seen several folks do it when fixing a truck in the woods, and I have even felt obligated to say something a couple of times... each time, the person was tired, it was near the end of the day and they were hurrying, I am pretty sure each also thanked me and figured a safer work environment. With the hours these guys were pushing in the show, I felt like that was what happened.... just my .02 cents.

I must have missed the part where they said it was practice.

Seem like a lot of stress over lack of parts and time. As a tech i understand the importance and I wouldn't let anyone working on the truck unless I say so. But that's me

Septu

Explorer
Haven't read the whole thread (maybe another day), but have watched most of the episodes (am on 9 - I think?). Loved them!! Have also added a few spots for my short excursion I plan on taking in Alaska this summer based on what I've seen in the videos.

It looks like you guys had a great trip, and I'm very thankful you decided to shot all the video and take the time to edit it and whatnot. Not much of a Toyota guy... but the rigs look pretty good too.

3MPH Toy

After watching all the episodes to date, I must say it has me thinking about how I'd like to spend a few weeks of vacation.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
If I hear any more lip in this thread, I'm pulling out the wiffle ball bat.

Someone had to bring up a wiffle ball bat. It better have a titanium handle...

Ep10 was pretty awesome. Loved that they did a mock emergency and the way it was handled.

Dylan318

Saw the tacoma and trailer on Velocity the other day when they were showing some of the vehicles leaving the sema show!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles