Expedition One Rear Bumper

Oilbrnr

Meh, I don't have their swings anymore as a had two new arms made custom to clear my Four Wheel Camper. Those latches SUCKED ASS!!! I now have one big 3k Klein over-center latch that secures both swings in one nice shot.

The bumper itself is nice, complements the lines, clears the receiver. The aluminum trim piece that goes on top had several holes that were not dimpled on mine and the powder coat metal prep was questionable. The flag stop pins for the arms were a joke, always sticking, and held with like three tiny allen cap bolts.

In other words, a pretty SEMA piece, that did not have all the bugs worked out.

IMG_4287.jpegFeb Beach Trip-68.jpegIMG_4918.jpeg

chet6.7

Explorer
Took them out. Chucked them in the trash can and moved on down the road. I did fill the holes with some LED running lights however.
Did you cut the stock wiring loom? How are you getting power to the license plate lights?
A picture would be appreciated.
I have been thinking of some LED lights for the holes as well,yours looks good.

Kingsize24

Did you cut the stock wiring loom? How are you getting power to the license plate lights?
A picture would be appreciated.
I have been thinking of some LED lights for the holes as well,yours looks good.

If you look on page 14, I posted the correct PN for the plug. Hopefully you get them. I waited and waited, and eventually decided to un pin them from the factory plug, and repin into a Caspers Electronics 2 way molex that was easier to source. And by source, I mean, I already had in my shop. lol
The ones I ordered never came in BTW. but that's another story. ?

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Nice to hear things are redesigned for the latches - folks should be reporting positive experiences then? Feedback on this thread highlight some other issues - Have the camera issues, light connector issues, powdercoating issues, delivery time issues, or general confusion been resolved? Dont forget the back up sensor issues...

I for one was displeased with my FJ rear bumper - with powdercoat failure within the first year, and nothing but issues with the spindle and seals. I would love a swing out bumper for my power wagon, I just dont have confidence that things are better over there. And telling us "you deal with it offline" after being so active in this thread is a bit odd?

Gentleman below: I think you all had dealings with them - any updates?

@chet6.7
@Kingsize24
@Oilbrnr
@marshal
@reloaderguy

I removed mine and it went on to greener pastures

Where exactly are these greener pastures? If either of y’all are willing to post here or PM me, I’d appreciate it... may be headed away from rack RTT to a pop-up camper and will need a new method for carrying 37” spare.

nater

Adventurer
The hitch based spare tire carriers are popular, and are well reviewed. At least one of them will clear 41s...

The hitch based spare tire carriers are popular, and are well reviewed. At least one of them will clear 41s...

An option, although i’d prefer to avoid the potential compromises with parking sensors, departure angles, and towing setup. Definitely on radar though!

nater

Adventurer
An option, although i’d prefer to avoid the potential compromises with parking sensors, departure angles, and towing setup. Definitely on radar though!

Understand... the parking sensors definitely won't be solved with the expo one - their sensor set up just does not work. I do think the departure angle is pretty good though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles