Expedition One Rear Bumper

Oilbrnr

From me? No. Nothing. But, I know that you need to book your Southwest ticket down to Phx soon to help me put this thing on... ;-)

Explorerinil

Observer
From me? No. Nothing. But, I know that you need to book your Southwest ticket down to Phx soon to help me put this thing on... ;-)
If I didn’t have a newborn at home I would probably do that! I’m gonna keep this thread alive since I want one of these bumpers, and it’s on my list if they get it working right.

chet6.7

Explorer
I got an email today from Exped1."We have made more progress on your order. We are doing our best to get this finished and shipped out."
I will ask them for a timeline,it was 6 weeks on 8/14/18.

Flakchaser

Well, I got an email yesterday saying mine shipped. There was a Saia shipping number, but it is not in their system. So either it is not the correct number, or they haven't pick the bumper up yet. I'm a tad bit apprehensive as to what I'm going to have to 'fix' with this thing. I do want to get the spare up out from underneath, and have external jerry err scepter can holders. Mainly for water to shower with. That 6.4 sips gas. ;-)~ I also question how strong the 'wings' are. I'm in AZ, and typically off-road here or southern Utah. You come off a shelf, even tenderly, I'm not sure it is going to be able to support the weight of the rear of the truck without causing collateral damage to the rear quarter. The Slee version that I have on my 80 series LC, can fully support the fat little piggy as it is gusseted right back to the frame. Hope I'm wrong about the strength.

If you go to: "Surus:2017 Power Wagon Build" page 11 on this forum there are pictures of the parts and install.

chet6.7

Explorer
I got the email below today from Exped1,they seem to be responding faster.(y)
"They made a lot of progress on it this week. I really think we can beat the 6 weeks.
I should have a better idea by mid next week. Production knows its a priority bumper. I will keep you updated."

Oilbrnr

What’s so special about this bumper that makes it worth the hassle?

It is made of unubtainium.

As far as I know, it is the only steel dual swing for a RAM. Aluminess makes one, but it is aluminum. Pros and cons to that and their bearing system sucks. After thought, and given how much a PW weighs and the fact that I off-road here in AZ and UT, steel just made more sense. Gut feel is that I'm going to have to up spring rates in the rear as I've already got a bunch of stuff back there and this puppy is heavy. Which I knew, so no complaining there.

Since I picked it up the other day, at Saia, I honestly haven't had the time to even look at it. Work has been busy. Way busy.

Boz

Observer
It is made of unubtainium.

As far as I know, it is the only steel dual swing for a RAM. Aluminess makes one, but it is aluminum. Pros and cons to that and their bearing system sucks. After thought, and given how much a PW weighs and the fact that I off-road here in AZ and UT, steel just made more sense. Gut feel is that I'm going to have to up spring rates in the rear as I've already got a bunch of stuff back there and this puppy is heavy. Which I knew, so no complaining there.

Since I picked it up the other day, at Saia, I honestly haven't had the time to even look at it. Work has been busy. Way busy.

Buckstop makes one. If I were in the market for one I'd have ordered theirs as their reputation is stellar. Chris Cordes has one on the Expo Excursion.

https://www.buckstopinc.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D050A10
https://expeditionportal.com/full-size-overland-the-excursion-part-two/

Attachments

• Excursion-resize-19.jpg
    Excursion-resize-19.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 67

Ravenmad

Observer
I checked on the buckstop rear Dual swing out bumper with a built in winch mount... $4000.000 plus shipping with a 6 week lead time.

Ravenmad

Observer
Know anyone with one? Do they work with the sensors and backup cam?

I contacted them by Email. I did ask about both sensors and camera, however, their response did not include answers to either compatibility with the camera or sensors. Im going to guess (just a guess) as their bumper has no provision for dealing with a camera being blocked by the swing outs and it does not list said option / provision that it is not compatible. No idea on the sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles