Expedition One Rear Bumper

mp_tx

Observer
Maybe isissing the point, but you were quoted a 4 week turn on 7/18. The website states 7-10 week backlog. Why do you think persistently emailing them every week is going to make your bumper appear any quicker? Why would you even start pinging them until 8/18–the previously estimated due date?

You have deviated from a standard order into a custom order. You have upset the balance of manufacturing with a deletion from the norm. And you expect the fabrication team to stop work to instantly answer your emails and phone calls? It sounds like the owner has been ver accommodating and even bumped you in line.

Many companies, especially small companies, charge on order, especially for custom orders. There is nothing illegal about this practice if it’s stated up front.

I know nothing about this company, don’t own any of their products, and have no plans to do so. But I do have some experience in a small fabrication shop and entitled and demanding customers whose only experience in what goes into fabricating a custom bumper is clicking a few buttons with a mouse and then bitching on the internet when they are not instantaneously gratified makes the job suck.

If you called my old boss a clown on the internet because you pulled him off the production line to berate him on the phone for not having immediate info on your specific order WHICH IS NOT EVEN OVERDUE YET your funds would already be refunded and you would be looking for a bumper elsewhere.

Hold of the witch hunt until at least 8/18. Good grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chet6.7

Explorer
Maybe isissing the point, but you were quoted a 4 week turn on 7/18. The website states 7-10 week backlog. Why do you think persistently emailing them every week is going to make your bumper appear any quicker? Why would you even start pinging them until 8/18–the previously estimated due date?
Did you read the post about not having my calls returned?I am trying to find out how long I have to wait,give me a date and stick to it.I left this out of my initial response, Did the 4 weeks start on 7/18 or 7/25?This is what I am trying to find out. Am I supposed to stay home until they get around to making it?

You have deviated from a standard order into a custom order. You have upset the balance of manufacturing with a deletion from the norm. And you expect the fabrication team to stop work to instantly answer your emails and phone calls? It sounds like the owner has been ver accommodating and even bumped you in line.I would not of had to deviate from the norm if the backup sensors worked.I expect a production date,just like they expect to charge my card and get paid.

Many companies, especially small companies, charge on order, especially for custom orders. There is nothing illegal about this practice if it’s stated up front.

I know nothing about this company, don’t own any of their products, and have no plans to do so. But I do have some experience in a small fabrication shop and entitled and demanding customers whose only experience in what goes into fabricating a custom bumper is clicking a few buttons with a mouse and then bitching on the internet when they are not instantaneously gratified makes the job suck.
Have you read the thread? There is no one talking about instant gratification.It sucks to get the run around from a company,clear communication goes a long way.Give me a clear date so I can plan for it.

If you called my old boss a clown on the internet because you pulled him off the production line to berate him on the phone for not having immediate info on your specific order WHICH IS NOT EVEN OVERDUE YET your funds would already be refunded and you would be looking for a bumper elsewhere. I will be asking for a refund if they can't give me a clear delivery date.

Last edited:

chet6.7

Explorer
EXPO1 sent me an email,Roger said he will know more after Tue,he also stated they are shorthanded and behind on email.
It's good to hear something,thanks Roger.

We apologize for not catching this particular thread sooner but we'd like to address some of the questions and concerns --

First, we hope everyone has had the opportunity to review the information we put together regarding the D-ring shackles as we have determined they are not a factor in the function of the sensors. Please be sure to watch our video (link attached) explaining how the sensors function : Facebook Live on Park Sensors. The sensors are sonar-based and we've extensively tested this theory with our bumper products. We're continually testing and looking for better solutions to make the sensors a bit more reliable with our bumpers so this is an ongoing endeavor. Keep in mind, the sensors in general were designed around a certain thickness/material on a stock bumper, which is why we cannot guarantee they will work on our steel bumpers (or any aftermarket bumper for that matter that's made with a certain level of thickness using steel or aluminum).

We would also like to clarify regarding custom orders; all of our products are precision cut with our in-house laser and most custom requests require changes to CAD files and special handling throughout the fabrication and powder coating process which is why there are special fees associated and longer wait times. We do our best to accommodate custom requests and estimate the time associated with such requests however it is typically a much more complicated process than welding/cleaning up spots and can involve substantial time.

Our products are very much geared for off-road enthusiasts and hold a certain quality/toughness in material to make that happen. Our initial intention was never to include these sensors but we had enough folks voice their desire to have it (understanding they may not work) that we included them in the design.

In regards to lead times, we do our best to anticipate best production lead times when an order is placed based on our current production queue. This year has been busier than usual, particularly with our dual swing bumper products which are more complicated and time consuming to produce across the board. Because the of the large volumes of emails and phone calls we are receiving on a daily basis we do not typically update customers on their current order status; however customers are always welcome to contact us (particularly towards the latter half of their estimated delivery dates) to get status reports and updates. Again, this spring and summer have been busier than usual so we do apologize for delays in responding to email and phone inquiries as we do our best to reply back in a reasonable time frame. As with most companies our size, we are always looking to improve customer response times with additional personnel, etc. and appreciate your patience in this process.

We are passionate about our products and love what we do. As first run productions of this particular bumper became available we received initial feedback and made some design tweaks to improve upon design and functionality, so please also understand delays in lead times have included improvements to our processes to ensure the highest possible quality.

We appreciate your patience and are working hard to get your questions answered and orders fulfilled. Thanks for taking the time to review the updates and watch our informational video!

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
It’s not that hard to add a paying customer’s email to a specific inbox folder. That folder should be checked everyday and inquiries responded to in a timely manner. General sales inquires, Looky Loos, and spam can go to your main inbox and dealt with after you clear up the customer inbox. Technology is great.

Oilbrnr

You have deviated from a standard order into a custom order. You have upset the balance of manufacturing with a deletion from the norm. And you expect the fabrication team to stop work to instantly answer your emails and phone calls? It sounds like the owner has been ver accommodating and even bumped you in line.

If you called my old boss a clown on the internet because you pulled him off the production line to berate him on the phone for not having immediate info on your specific order WHICH IS NOT EVEN OVERDUE YET your funds would already be refunded and you would be looking for a bumper elsewhere.

Hmm, don't know if I should dip my toes into this ************** shitpool, but what the hell.

I've NEVER been dinged the full amount for a third party product before it has shipped. They've had over 3k of my dinero for 14 weeks. I have yet to see the product. Do you comprehend that, or are you just full on stupid?

I called them today. Talked to Ryan who I guess is their marketing dude. Explaned the stitch and my concerns. He told me that someone would call me back in 20 min. Over an hour later, I called them back. Oh yeah, it is shipping mañana.

Look. When you spend this kind of cash, you expect some kind of feedback. For those of you on this thread that have dealt with Christo Slee for Land Cruiser parts, you know what I mean. And if the company I work for, which is the largest retailer of four or more objects that your vehicle depends on to roll down the road, treated customers the same way, we'd be out of biz.

Pretty simple ********.

Last edited:

Kingsize24

100%

Hmm, don't know if I should dip my toes into this ************** shitpool, but what the hell.

I've NEVER been dinged the full amount for a third party product before it has shipped. They've had over 3k of my dinero for 14 weeks. I have yet to see the product. Do you comprehend that, or are you just full on stupid?

I called them today. Talked to Ryan who I guess is their marketing dude. Explaned the stitch and my concerns. He told me that someone would call me back in 20 min. Over an hour later, I called them back. Oh yeah, it is shipping mañana.

Look. When you spend this kind of cash, you expect some kind of feedback. For those of you on this thread that have dealt with Christo Slee for Land Cruiser parts, you know what I mean. And if the company I work for, which is the largest retailer of four or more objects that your vehicle depends on to roll down the road, treated customers the same way, we'd be out of biz.

Pretty simple ********.

Explorerinil

Observer
Exp1 needs to realize that these forums sell their products, probably more than any advertisement they pay for. Negative reviews on forums like this spread fast, not communicating with a paying customer is a very negative thing and it represents poor customer service. Get your act in gear, return calls, emails and give accurate truthful answers to people... it’s not hard and there is no excuse not to.

Now get your bumper figured out right or stop selling it, get the proper license plate lights, get the sensors figured out or remove the holes and be honest with anyone buying one. You got a good bumper, it should not have been sold to the public in its current non functioning form.

chet6.7

Explorer
I talked with Sara at EXPED1,they should have her deal with phone calls,maybe they have figured that out.
She said bumper is cut without shackle mount holes,but the timeline is now 6 weeks,they were saying 4 weeks back in the middle of July.
It's nice to have a timeline I hope they can meet it.
In my younger years I would have told them to stick it back in July when they informed me they had decided to make a new bumper instead of filling the holes as we had agreed to back in June.
Dealing with Sara is a welcome change as my prior dealings with this company has been one of my most difficult buying experiences.

Explorerinil

Observer
I talked with Sara at EXPED1,they should have her deal with phone calls,maybe they have figured that out.
She said bumper is cut without shackle mount holes,but the timeline is now 6 weeks,they were saying 4 weeks back in the middle of July.
It's nice to have a timeline I hope they can meet it.
In my younger years I would have told them to stick it back in July when they informed me they had decided to make a new bumper instead of filling the holes as we had agreed to back in June.
Dealing with Sara is a welcome change as my prior dealings with this company has been one of my most difficult buying experiences.
Hopefully they are honest on their timeline, let’s hope your bumper works out for you without issues.

Oilbrnr

Well, I got an email yesterday saying mine shipped. There was a Saia shipping number, but it is not in their system. So either it is not the correct number, or they haven't pick the bumper up yet. I'm a tad bit apprehensive as to what I'm going to have to 'fix' with this thing. I do want to get the spare up out from underneath, and have external jerry err scepter can holders. Mainly for water to shower with. That 6.4 sips gas. ;-)~ I also question how strong the 'wings' are. I'm in AZ, and typically off-road here or southern Utah. You come off a shelf, even tenderly, I'm not sure it is going to be able to support the weight of the rear of the truck without causing collateral damage to the rear quarter. The Slee version that I have on my 80 series LC, can fully support the fat little piggy as it is gusseted right back to the frame. Hope I'm wrong about the strength.

Explorerinil

Observer
Please give us a review of it when you get it. I hope they got it right because I really really want one! I need to get the spare tire off my roof basket.

Oilbrnr

Yeah, roof buckets are no fun to hoist up a 125# tire and rim. Heck even a swing out isn't much fun. But neither is the cable drop especially if you're in a bad off-road sitch in the first place, like mud or snow. Plus you kinda mess a tad with you're CG. Thou on a CTD, you're not as light in the loafers as a I am in a PW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior