Expedition One Rear Bumper

chet6.7

Explorer
Also, can you email me your correspondence from before? I can look up the SO from my end, it would help to have every bit of ammunition available to help resolve this. sales@expeditionone.biz

Jace Randolph
Expedition One
I will send you the emails.I just recently tossed my phone logs in an effort to put this horrible buying experience behind me.The unreturned calls ,the unanswered emails,being told 4 weeks then 6 weeks,being told is being pushed through ect.and of course the bumper that needs some further design work. In one of your posts you mentioned the bumper latches can be adjusted,it would have been nice to have this info included in the order,it could have been put on your YouTube channel as well.You have a video up about packing the bumper and some other fluff.

In short,we will make it so hard for you to get warranty work done that you will handle it yourself and quit bothering us.

We didn't think that an email, some pictures of the damage were alot to ask. Should we do what just about every other manufacturer does? Require a written form, printed and signed, go through an approval process to get started on the possibility of a warranty, have you ship it back with no guarantee it will be covered as a warranty, and put very stringent terms on any claims?

We have our warranty fairly short and simple because we beleive you shouldn't have to fight for it. Not only do we offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the bumper itself, bur we also offer an OPTIONAL lifetime warranty on the powder coat.

I would take the time to go and research other manufacturers warranties to compare.

Jace Randolph
Expedition One

txflyyaker

Observer
Who is going to spend the time and energy to remove and package a bumper and send it back to Utah for warranty repair? And then who knows when they will receive it back....10-14 weeks?

chet6.7

Explorer
Who is going to spend the time and energy to remove and package a bumper and send it back to Utah for warranty repair? And then who knows when they will receive it back....10-14 weeks?
Yes,I think it was 3 hours of labor for the install,so, labor to take it off,getting materials to pack it to send back,the cost of freight,the wait and then labor to install it again. I haven't read any other bumper warrenties,Expedition One may be similar.This shows some of the issues of buying from out of state with no local support.When I buy an ARB front bumper it will be from the nearest ARB dealer/installer,for me that is over 100 miles away,but it is closer than Utah. Live and learn.

utherjorge

Observer
For my little beast, I bought an awesome product from Zuk Offroad and had a local guy I trust completely do any mods to get it to work. Of course, Zuk Offroad is obviously off the hook for warranty problems...but with their reputation, and customer service, it was a no brainer.

Simply put: I cannot imagine Myron at Zuk Offroad (who said "we want everyone to be happy") engaging people on a forum like this.

Of course, his company is so busy, he doesn't have time to cruise forums and be a pest. Something else to think about.

SameGuy

Observer
What an amazing thread! I am heartbroken to find myself at the end of it. Despite its astronomical price I have been lusting after the dual swing out rear bumper for my Tundra. After reading all this, I think I will save the severe shaming I would get from my better half for spending that much scratch on a bumper, and save the headache and heartache I would likely face in dealing with EXP1. I can appreciate production delays due to overwhelming demand, but poor communication from a company selling ultra premium products with their matching ultra premium prices is not something I wish to experience. I have a great 4x4 shop that’s does amazing custom fab work, I’m betting I can get something built that will fit my needs there for a better price, and I will have the satisfaction of getting exactly what I want and paying a local business in my community To do the work.

chet6.7

Explorer
EXPED1 finally got a video up on the latches,I wish they would have spent more time on adjusting the latches as I have to use a pry bar to open the passenger side.I have watched it twice and I am still not sure what I need to do to make it easier to open.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
EXPED1 finally got a video up on the latches,I wish they would have spent more time on adjusting the latches as I have to use a pry bar to open the passenger side.I have watched it twice and I am still not sure what I need to do to make it easier to open.

Remove bumper and replace with a different make lol.

I was told by another member here that a user nearly lost a finger with one their latches. As good as their bumpers look and work in theory, I could never bring myself to buy any of their products after this dumpster fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior