Expedition Camper Insulated Box

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
For starters I am posting this for a neighbor who has lots of cool things like a Unimog and other cool stuff. His plans was to make a camper out of this but just no longer has the time.

This is a 1970s Swiss NATO Ambulance box, it's about 10 ft long and 5 ft10 in high. Insulated fiberglass shell with a built-in spare tire holder. There are also 4 threaded mounting holes on the roof for lifting but would be nice to mount a roof rack. He thinks it weighs about 1500 lbs.

It's in good shape, no holes cut in it. Doors have nice sturdy latches and the windows on the doors have the origional screens too.

He is asking $2500 OBO. It's located near Georgetown, CA.

Attachments

• IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 593

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Swiss and NATO don't really go together...

That's an ambulance box from a Pinzgauer 712 6x6. Nicely built but a bit heavy

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Insulated Box

Haf-e,
Thanks for the info, it looks like this is the exact box, the door on the side is for the spare tire.

Attachments

• Pinzgauer-712M-1982[1].jpg
    Pinzgauer-712M-1982[1].jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,414

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
You might try posting it on the real4x4.com website/forum - that is a pretty good Pinzgauer site and there is a "classified" section... or let me know if you want me to post it for you.

These do come up for sale occasionally though - seem to move slow... I always thought that they would make a nice trailer box with a pair of axles added - a guy in the UK did it using fwd Ford Transit van rear axles as their wheel bolt pattern matches the Pinzgauer wheels...

Pinzgauer trailer.jpg

It would even fit nicely on a standard tandem axle trailer and load / unload easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior