Exped MegaMat Adapter for Air Compressor?

Anyone know of an air compressor attachment that will fit an Exped MegaMat? The little hand pumps they come with take forever and are a complete pain to use. Looking to simplify my camp setup by using my ARB compressor that's already in my vehicle.

Any insights or ideas are appreciated, thanks!

WhatTheZo

Maybe something like this?

Have not tried it myself. I ran though a similar exercisebut then realized that most pumps for inflatables are high volume/low pressure and compressors are low volume/high pressure.

I sort realigned my thinking and started using my battery powered mattress pump as a bellow for fires...needed rationalization for carrying uni-tools.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jeepers29

Anyone know of an air compressor attachment that will fit an Exped MegaMat? The little hand pumps they come with take forever and are a complete pain to use. Looking to simplify my camp setup by using my ARB compressor that's already in my vehicle.

Is it one of the self inflating ones? If so, let it self inflate for 45-60 mins then just top it off. Works great for me.

F350joe

Is it one of the self inflating ones? If so, let it self inflate for 45-60 mins then just top it off. Works great for me.
Thats what i do with mine. Don’t even use the hand pump, just a couple breaths to top it off.

Superduty

Adventurer
The expeds do a pretty good job of self inflating. The little hand pumps are actually pretty decent.

I would check out their youtube videos if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interesting. I followed the directions when i got mine, and even store it with the valves open under a bed so it isnt compressed all the time. Even so, it takes me 300 pumps with that little hand pump thingy to get it up to pressure... Hmmm

Maybe something like this?

Have not tried it myself. I ran though a similar exercisebut then realized that most pumps for inflatables are high volume/low pressure and compressors are low volume/high pressure.

I sort realigned my thinking and started using my battery powered mattress pump as a bellow for fires...needed rationalization for carrying uni-tools.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lol "...rationalization for carrying unitools."

I might try those adapters. Worth a shot anyway. Thanks!

Dr Gil

This guy made me one and it works great!! Contact Lee at SolveFunction He made one of these for me Bike Pump Adapter for Exped Air Mattress by reallifeonhold I use it with my onboard Viair compressor. Pumps up in seconds.

shoredreamer

Observer
Interesting. I followed the directions when i got mine, and even store it with the valves open under a bed so it isnt compressed all the time. Even so, it takes me 300 pumps with that little hand pump thingy to get it up to pressure... Hmmm
I recently bought a Megamat and was testing it out and when I’d let it self inflate it didn’t do much just with the inflate valve cap off. I looked at the instructions again and didn’t catch the part that says to remove the inflate cap, then push the tethered zipper tap lookingthing into the valve to open the flap to let air in to self inflate. Once you do that, the mattress should self inflate to about 80% full in 10 minutes or so.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I haven't used my MegaMat in a few years but for a few years I used it very often inside my Autohome Columbus when I was traveling solo. There isn't enough height clearance to leave it inflated so I would need to go through the routine of inflating/deflating on a daily basis. That got old in a hurry so I fabbed a little dome type "adapter", similar to the attached photo, so I could use my compressor and a spray gun to inflate it quickly. Worked perfectly.

Just be careful not to use too much psi ?.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 11.23.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 11.23.26 PM.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 15

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I just use a standard air mattress pump plugged into the Exped hand pump. Been doing that for quite a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles