EXD 350 - EarthCruiser on flat bed

For this first unit we plan on two. Playing around with ideas for a bunk bed/s as well. Other random ideas is roof top accommodation (There are some very nice rear entry hard shell units out there) with access from the camper.
An RTT on the roof is a fantastic idea, from my perspective. Presumably this might mean a big skylight for star viewing from inside as well, i.e., if you access the RTT by going up to the roof from inside/dinette and forward into the RTT? If the tent mounted to a platform it would also be great option for sleeping atop the unit on a clear night when the RTT is left home.

I apologize if I missed earlier in the thread, but have you mentioned a rough eta for availability and rough price range? Even +/- $15 K would be helpful.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mccool

Observer
I apologize if I missed earlier in the thread, but have you mentioned a rough eta for availability and rough price range? Even +/- $15 K would be helpful.

Thank you.

I'm curious as well. You folks saying it will be 6 figures, is that including the truck?

Regardless, it looks great and I respect that you're posting the prototype here for everyone to see and offer input.

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
G`day All
Many thanks for the questions and comments.
Please forgive me if I am still a bit vague on the how much and when question, its needs a proper answer.
We need to confirm some assumptions with the systems and assembly process before we commit, we are close. I hope to have a good draft of specification with weights , systems , power usage etc done in a week or so.
Petrol engine (sorry gas) makes lots if sense if one wants a new chassis with out DEF. Although i must chime in that DEF and ULSD is getting very available. As example a recent off road trip we did in North Africa - Morocco to The Gambia through chunks of the Sahara , DEF and ULSD was every where, gas was not. add blue africa.jpg

Best
Lance

lanceatm

It is that time again.

Panel are cut and getting put together. Each part has a number and REV, build instructions also getting drafted. The panels will be bonded together, (this material is often used for exterior walls) . With it`s very stable properties in all weather we think it makes excellent bath room and kitchen walls.
#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE18.JPG
#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE17.JPG
System bits and pieces are showing up for calibration and testing. We are going touch screen for the EXD. BUT with a analog over ride system.
#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE16.JPG
Looms, look like they are made by people who well know how to make looms. We like these kind of people.
#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE10.JPG
It is so important to figure out the true draw of all the bits and pieces.
EXD will have power grey dump.
#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE12.JPG
Like these, testing only at this point.
#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE11.JPG
testing some awnings.
#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE2.png

#EarthCruiser EXD_UPDATE1.png

Have a great week end!

Lance

martinf

Thanks for the info. I think this is a slightly better option than a truck if not only for more living space for the same overall length. 21' will get you anywhere, from nice scenic trails to legal street parking in major cities.

I really like the EXD concept and can't wait to see the final product.

lanceatm

Sorry, bit behind with the update.

Bull bar (Alloy) and sub frame off to powder for a nice satin finish. Very important ( in particular with alloy) material is undercoated/etched first.
Generally speaking powder coating is porous.
EXD350_earthcruiser6.JPG
This subframe would not be production worthy, only good for testing.
Production will be pressed and formed with much less final assembly.
EXD350_earthcruiser5.JPG
We are moving on too finlise storage under the bed - there will be six of these @ 30 litre (1860 cu in) each under the bed.
Often it is easier to take bins out and load them rather than drag stuff in and load up on the inside.
Any way this gives some options for long tern storage.
The EXD has LOTS of storage inside and out.
EXD350_earthcruiser1.JPG
Laying out the ceiling now.
The EXD has a one piece roof 75mm (3 inches thick) moulded fiberglass with foam core, very lite very very strong.
No problem what so ever to walk on the roof.
We have been playing around with different lights. All these are German made , excellent quality.
Our plan is two have two lighting systems in the living area .
Nice and bright for meal prep etc and and send independent circuit strip LED inside edge of finished trim that is dim able.
EXD350_earthcruiser4.JPG
Against my better judgement we are going to have a vent fan.
I really don`t like anything above the roof line, but we can`t all have want we want.....
EXD350_earthcruiser3.JPG

Best

Lance

One more thing-
The specifications are 98% complete. We can publish hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
Sorry, bit behind with the update.

Bull bar (Alloy) and sub frame off to powder for a nice satin finish. Very important ( in particular with alloy) material is undercoated/etched first.
Generally speaking powder coating is porous.
View attachment 462138
This subframe would not be production worthy, only good for testing.
Production will be pressed and formed with much less final assembly.
View attachment 462139
We are moving on too finlise storage under the bed - there will be six of these @ 30 litre (1860 cu in) each under the bed.
Often it is easier to take bins out and load them rather than drag stuff in and load up on the inside.
Any way this gives some options for long tern storage.
The EXD has LOTS of storage inside and out.
View attachment 462140
Laying out the ceiling now.
The EXD has a one piece roof 75mm (3 inches thick) moulded fiberglass with foam core, very lite very very strong.
No problem what so ever to walk on the roof.
We have been playing around with different lights. All these are German made , excellent quality.
Our plan is two have two lighting systems in the living area .
Nice and bright for meal prep etc and and send independent circuit strip LED inside edge of finished trim that is dim able.
View attachment 462141
Against my better judgement we are going to have a vent fan.
I really don`t like anything above the roof line, but we can`t all have want we want.....
View attachment 462142

Best

Lance

One more thing-
The specifications are 98% complete. We can publish hopefully tomorrow.

Looking awesome. Is there a possibility to do a custom side vent that sucks air in, as opposed to a roof vent?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier