EXD 350 - EarthCruiser on flat bed

Recommended books for Overlanding

adam88

Explorer
There is absolutely a huge market for this. But the price needs to be competitive for it to work. If it hits anywhere near 6 figures then it would be out of reach for most.

If this was built, I'd like to see a fixed queen size bed with a real mattress and tons of storage underneath and room for tanks/etc. Rather than a dinette that folds into a bed. But that probably will never happen :(

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
There is absolutely a huge market for this. But the price needs to be competitive for it to work. If it hits anywhere near 6 figures then it would be out of reach for most.

If this was built, I'd like to see a fixed queen size bed with a real mattress and tons of storage underneath and room for tanks/etc. Rather than a dinette that folds into a bed. But that probably will never happen :(
Thank you for this Adam 88 -
We have been playing with a number of lay outs. We go for function over form every time, it just has to work when it needs to work, what ever it is.
Our thinking is lets make sure we don`t end up with something that is a dogs breakfast that does not really work well, works ok but not well at anything.
So very comfortable bed that spends most of its time as a very comfortable bed and a place to eat only sometimes. The truck would have a killer out door kitchen that can be used in all but the most terrible weather. And lots of storage, that is useful.

Last edited:

Zybane

Fixed queen bed? That would literally be over half the floor space in this thing. EC makes quality (pricey) stuff, highly doubt this would be under six figures.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Having only a thin, firm mattress is the reason why I got rid of my cab-over pop-up camper. I never slept in the upper bed. I'm wondering if you could have a bed that drops down from the ceiling? It would probably make the roof section difficult to lift unless you had some type of assist. Not getting a good nights rest will ruin any trip.

adam88

Explorer
Fixed queen bed? That would literally be over half the floor space in this thing. EC makes quality (pricey) stuff, highly doubt this would be under six figures.
The idea is that the queen bed replaces a dinette. There's no seating inside. You sit on the queen bed when you eat. I know this is a revolutionary idea to some, not having a "dinette" inside a camper, but... there also isn't a china hutch inside a camper either but we just make do without bringing our fine china. Like EC said, they are going to put an outside kitchen in this, so you can sit outside and eat outside, or sit on the bed inside. I don't see the reason for needing THREE seating options. Dinette = waste of space in a camper this small.

Recommended books for Overlanding

F350joe

Adventurer
Removable and lockable so it can stay at the campsite. Pockets for the awning so it doesn’t get ripped up from branches. A place to securely place a couple bikes and outside dirty storage for trash, firewood, fire pit, etc. A removable roof rack that is moved around with a small swing out crane. A back door that folds down to either a porch or ramp so it could be a small toy hauler as well. That’s my wish list, this is my poor mans version. And a ad on to turn the backseat of the crew cab into a kids bunk.

Attachments

Clutch

<---Pass
The idea is that the queen bed replaces a dinette. There's no seating inside. You sit on the queen bed when you eat. I know this is a revolutionary idea to some, not having a "dinette" inside a camper, but... there also isn't a china hutch inside a camper either but we just make do without bringing our fine china. Like EC said, they are going to put an outside kitchen in this, so you can sit outside and eat outside, or sit on the bed inside. I don't see the reason for needing THREE seating options. Dinette = waste of space in a camper this small.

With a dinette that converts into a bed is a better use of space...get two things in the same space as one. I dunno, see just a queen mattress in this size of camper a huge waste of space.

Assuming the layout would be like a non-cab over Alaskan. Just see that setup taking up too much room. Would like to have a kitchen on the inside with the option to cook outside, which is an easy thing to do, just have a removable stove like a Partner...or a second camp stove.

http://alaskancampers.com/8-non-cabover/

While the mattress idea isn't a horrible just need a bigger truck. LIKE THIS, Which EC already builds those.

I like what Maltec is doing. Guess the EC would be similar.

http://www.maltec.org/index.html

img_1493.jpg

img_1505.jpg